Hitachi Speakers !! NEED HELP PLZ !! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Speakers !! NEED HELP PLZ !!

HitachiGuy08
05-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Ok I have 2 Hitachi Floor speakers, Im not sure of the model number maybe you guys could tell me, but im needing the front cover to one. The pics show just 1 speaker and the good speaker cover so maybe you'll know where I might get just the cover. thanks and god bless!!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z14/AbercrombieLee247/HPIM0850.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z14/AbercrombieLee247/HPIM0852.jpg

basite
05-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I think you need more than the front cover alone...

Where has the bottom woofer gone to?

audio amateur
05-18-2008, 08:18 AM

It was taking too much abuse so it decided to leave:D

HitachiGuy08
05-18-2008, 08:48 AM

I bought the set from a family member and it didnt have it in there, i gotta buy one to put in it. real easy to install. So do you might know what the model of this speaker is?? or know of anyone that makes covers for these?? The person who damaged the cover is gonna replace it.

Feanor
05-18-2008, 09:44 AM
Ok I have 2 Hitachi Floor speakers, Im not sure of the model number maybe you guys could tell me, but im needing the front cover to one. The pics show just 1 speaker and the good speaker cover so maybe you'll know where I might get just the cover. thanks and god bless!!

The "cover" that is missing is the driver cone; also missing if the driver voice coil. You'll be needing to replace the entire driver.

I have no idea what model these Hitachis these are, but judging by the cone tweeter, they aren't high-end. To do a really good job, you would need to discover the parameters of the remaining driver and match them in a replacement driver; ideally you would do the same for both the right & left speakers to have a good match. This won't be a trivial amount of effort or money: could be that these good ol' Hitachis are ready for the dump. Does the speaker play? As a short term "fix", you might get better sound covering the hole with an air tight cover, e.g. a bit of plywood or fiberboard.

JohnMichael
05-18-2008, 10:33 AM
I wonder if the bottom frame might have supported a passive radiator? I did not see any wires from the crossover hanging down. I can not imagine anyone removing the magnetic structure from the frame. I am hoping you did not pay too much for the speakers.

RoadRunner6
05-18-2008, 01:50 PM
My wife, Noriko, is Japanese. She suggests you try this website.

http://www.hitachi.co.jp/

RR6 (Do itashi mashi te)

(the grille cloth and frame you will pobably have to make yourself. Go to Home Depot for similar board, cut it to size and check with a DIY (do it yourself speaker) online dealer for speaker cloth to glue onto the frame. I agree, the bottom woofer might be a "passive radiator"... Open the back of the speaker or stick a small mirror inside the bottom speaker frame to see if any wires were attached to the bottom woofer. If not then it is probably a "passive radiator." That means it is a dummy woofer that acts like a port hole on ported speakers. You would have to find another passive woofer with the same stiffness. All sounds like too much work to me. Probably from one of those all in one audio systems and hence no model number on the back of the speaker. Suggest you in turn sell it to another family member (payback time!) and get something like this for a great price!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/529926-REG/Infinity_P252BK_Primus_P252BK_Dual_5_1_4_.html

HitachiGuy08
05-18-2008, 04:16 PM
The "cover" that is missing is the driver cone; also missing if the driver voice coil. You'll be needing to replace the entire driver.

I have no idea what model these Hitachis these are, but judging by the cone tweeter, they aren't high-end. To do a really good job, you would need to discover the parameters of the remaining driver and match them in a replacement driver; ideally you would do the same for both the right & left speakers to have a good match. This won't be a trivial amount of effort or money: could be that these good ol' Hitachis are ready for the dump. Does the speaker play? As a short term "fix", you might get better sound covering the hole with an air tight cover, e.g. a bit of plywood or fiberboard.

Nothings the matter with the speakers, there perfectly fine, new. That work really good, They have alot of bass, very nice, im just needing to know how or where I can get a cover for the front of it, thats it. thanks guy!! GOD BLESS!|
-Jacob

JohnMichael
05-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Nothings the matter with the speakers, there perfectly fine, new. That work really good, They have alot of bass, very nice, im just needing to know how or where I can get a cover for the front of it, thats it. thanks guy!! |
-Jacob

NO there is something wrong with your speakers. No manufacturer places empty frames in a speaker like in yours. Something has been removed.

HitachiGuy08
05-19-2008, 08:03 AM
NO there is something wrong with your speakers. No manufacturer places empty frames in a speaker like in yours. Something has been removed.

I know that. I think someone took the bottom one out because of too much watts or just didnt like so much bass. The speakers are fine though, I use them now. thanks!

basite
05-19-2008, 08:46 AM
I know that. I think someone took the bottom one out because of too much watts or just didnt like so much bass. The speakers are fine though, I use them now. thanks!

by the looks of it, there probably only was a passive radiator, so it will actually produce more bass now than it used to do...

RoadRunner6
05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, probably about a 15dB peak at 100 Hz.....awesome bass dude!

Also, after a shower you could stick your head in the passive radiator frame. All that air rushing out should dry your hair in no time. Your buds could all do a big standing wave.

RR6 :3:

budgetaudio76
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
speakers arent designed to operate well. e.g. in a well controlled manner. shoul produce more of a sluured bass responce. am sure it is good for som music. i just feel that bass shoud be tight as well as well controlled. better behaved, so to speak.
that besides the point i had an mcs component rack when i was a kid. it had ten inch woofers with ten inch radiators. put your face close to the passive with them rocking. the air felt warm. pretty fun to do.;)

N. Abstentia
05-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Hey why don't you rip the cone off of the other woofer too? That would make the drivers match and would sound MUCH better!

brunsace
12-22-2019, 01:11 PM
This is an old thread I know, but boy you guys can be harsh! I have these exact speakers. The model numbers were on a paper label on the back and has long since gone AWOL. The bottom port is indeed a passive radiator. I replaced the "cone" on mine years ago. They have foam surrounds and the foam rots out. Replacement "cones" are available fairly cheap and are easy to install. About all they consist of is a foam covered cardboard disk with a foam surround for support.

These speakers may not be very high end but do pack a pretty good punch when set up correctly!

To the OP, if you still have these, would you be willing to part them out?