more bookshelf speaker help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : more bookshelf speaker help

martix_agent
05-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm sure some of you remember me, I made a post about bookshelf speakers earlier. I posted more information in it earlier ths week but it got overlooked:(

After much thought I've nearly decided what I want to build. I'd like some help determining what size box i need though before I decide. I've also heard that using insulation can decrease the box size. Is that true? type the part number into parts-express. apparently the links die quickly.
setup #1:
275-075 x3(one for each speaker, one for the center speaker)
295-362[/url] x2 (one for each speaker)
295-360 x1(for the center speaker)

setup #2:
295-360 x3(one for each speaker, one for the center speaker)

setup#3:
295-360x5 (two for each speaker, one for the center speaker)

Alex at SVS
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
All the links are dead for me.

martix_agent
05-15-2008, 08:45 PM
very intersting . they are to me as well. hang on i'll soon fix that!

martix_agent
05-17-2008, 11:06 AM
alright it's all fixed.

If you don't want to do all teh math, can you at least link me to some formulas? all I can find on box sizes has to do with subwoofers.

Alex at SVS
05-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Might want to change the thread title, I had no idea this thread was about DIY speaker building until I searched the parts.

But I'm not much help in that dept. myself...

martix_agent
05-18-2008, 10:49 AM
did you even read the post?...yeah I didn't think so.

audio amateur
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
alright it's all fixed.

If you don't want to do all teh math, can you at least link me to some formulas? all I can find on box sizes has to do with subwoofers.
It's not fixed as far as I can tell.

audio amateur
05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
did you even read the post?...yeah I didn't think so.
Nobody is going to help if you adopt such an attitude.

Alex at SVS
05-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry about that, I've seen a few hundred identical posts though asking about different setups for bookshelf speakers though and they all read the same. Get a little lazy sometimes, however I still think the title of your post should get at the type of question you're asking without having to read the entire post.

Just trying to help have more people with the knowledge needed look at your post...

martix_agent
05-19-2008, 01:27 AM
sorry about the attitude. I get a bit un-nerved at times. Especially when people don't read things through.

anyhow, is there anyplace I can get formulas for bookshelf speakers?

ona second note. I can't edit my first post or thrad title yet every other post of mine is editable. What's with that?

audio amateur
05-19-2008, 02:28 AM
sorry about the attitude. I get a bit un-nerved at times. Especially when people don't read things through.

anyhow, is there anyplace I can get formulas for bookshelf speakers?

ona second note. I can't edit my first post or thrad title yet every other post of mine is editable. What's with that?
Hmm no too sure why, maybe there's a time limit on editing. Anyway, so you want to do a little DIY and assemble some bookshelves? As far as I can tell, you're being a little too adventurous, speaker building is a very hard task to get right, especially when you don't have the knowledge or the experience to do so. Why don't you simply go listen to some in a shop or assemble a proven model?
I don't think you can go too wrong with these:
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=769

or these
http://www.gr-research.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2

If you fancy the DIY aspect of it.

martix_agent
05-19-2008, 08:54 AM
with all due respect, I made a post on this a month or so ago.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=26800

I've gained tons of knowledge from a few members here, picked out speakers sing their advice, and got them cleared that they'll work very well with each other.

Apparently there is no internet site with the formulas that I'm wanting?