DCM Timepiece speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DCM Timepiece speakers

thekid
05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
I picked up a pair of older DCM Timepiece bookshelf speakers. Sound very good IMO and image very well like most older DCM's. I can not find any specs on them and because there is no grill I can not see what drivers are inside. Anyone have specs/info on them? Even the DCM web site that has owners manuals on all of the older DCM speakers does not list it.

StevenSurprenant
05-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Try this...

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/products/cabinet/tp160s.htm?tp

thekid
05-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Try this...

http://www.dcmspeakers.com/products/cabinet/tp160s.htm?tp

Thanks Steve but the TimePieces I have are older and are pre Mitek/DCM.
They are 2-way speakers but their configuration is different than the ones referenced in the web site you sent.

StevenSurprenant
05-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks Steve but the TimePieces I have are older and are pre Mitek/DCM.
They are 2-way speakers but their configuration is different than the ones referenced in the web site you sent.

I suspected that since you said that you couldn't remove the grill.

I used to own some TF500's and a TF1000 and bought my girlfriend a TF350. I also bought the original Time Window for a trial period. I have moved on since then and sold them, but I had fun with them while it lasted.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help.

thekid
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I suspected that since you said that you couldn't remove the grill.

I used to own some TF500's and a TF1000 and bought my girlfriend a TF350. I also bought the original Time Window for a trial period. I have moved on since then and sold them, but I had fun with them while it lasted.

Anyway, sorry I couldn't help.

No problem

I actually contacted DCM on a whim and they actually e-mailed me a copy of the original owners manual even though they are not listed on their site. I own a pair of TF-500's, 600's CX-27's and will be picking up 2 pairs of 350's next week. I guess it is obvious I like the DCM brand.....:thumbsup:

newrival
01-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey

I wanted to see what you thought of the time pieces. I too am a huge DCM fan. ive got the TF700's, had the TF350's but didnt like them as mch, and the macrophones which i love. If you could give some detail to how its been living with them id appreciate it.

addititionally how are the cx-27's ive never heard any of the cx's

next on my list to aquire are the time windows and the qed's

thekid
01-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Holy thread revival........ :D

I like the Time Pieces very much and as you might be able to tell I am big DCM fan. The Time Pieces image well and do mids and highs pretty well. Bass is a bit lacking compared to Time Frames and the CX-27's mostly due to their size. Coupled with a good sub you would have a very good combo. They would make great surrounds with your TF-700's or as fronts in a small desktop set-up. Mine are sitting idle right now only in part because I scored some KLH-17's and they replaced the Time Piece in my bedroom system.

The CX-27's and CX series in general are considered by most DCM fans the last good speakers produced by DCM. They do everything pretty well but are a step down from the upper end TF line. I would rank them above my TF-350's. My 27's are currently doing service as the rear pair in my all DCM HT set-up; I use the TF-600's as the mains along with a DCM center channel. I am listening to some classical on them as I type this as I do most mornings while getting ready for work.

If you have a choice between the two I'd go with the 27's. Better overall sound and because they are a more traditional box type speaker they are a little easier to fit into a HT set up. If space is a consideration the Time Pieces would be my pick over any cube type that is out there today. Not a traditional design but then again you already have a pair of TF's and the Time Piece uses a variation of the grill sock concept utilized by the TF series.

I actually scored a pair of Time Windows a while back and they had a driver out. I am having someone swap out the woofer of one of the TF 500's which blew a tweeter and re-hab the TW's which are considered by many to be a step up from the TF series. Don't have a clue yet where I am going to put them.

Sorry for the rambling post. Hope this answers your questions but if not feel free to keep asking.

newrival
02-11-2009, 07:22 PM
thanks for the input!

i know the thread was old but i thought i should try. its so hard to find good info on many of these speakers if they arent the tw's or tf's.

im jealous of your all dcm surround! thats what im working on now. going to use my tf-700s or hopefully findsome tw's for fronts, my macrophones for sides possibly timepiece for the rears,

have you ever heard the qed's? i just bought a pair but havent gotten them home yet. additionally, i just picked up some ohm walsh 2's and have been checking them out.

thanks!

thekid
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
No problem. I convinced my brother to pick up a pair of CX-17's that were at a local flea market and I think he is now a converted DCM fan.

I have not hear d the QEDs but have heard some nice things about Ohm speakers though I have never personally heard them.

BTW-Welcome to AR!