Heard the Totem Mites and Ed Frias mod BIC DV52si / 62si ? Pl share the experience! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heard the Totem Mites and Ed Frias mod BIC DV52si / 62si ? Pl share the experience!

wy2be
05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I've been looking for quality speakers and as one of my earlier threads states - I stumbled upon the Totem Rainmakers. I was truly impressed by them. Their smaller brother, the Totem Mites were equally impressive for their size - miraculous in ways.

Then I started researching and started hearing about Ed Frias modified BIC DV52si / 62si speakers. I have read rave reviews ever since and have also received detailed mails from Ed Frias about his modifications. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet - and hence this post.

My budget for speakers is a max of $500. So that leaves me with choosing either used Totem Mites or new Ed Frias mod-BIC DV52si / 62si. The upside with the BICs is I can save some money and I get to buy them new.

I was wondering if anyone has heard them both and if you consider their sounds comparable. It would greatly help me make a decision.

My use is going to be 80% music. What matters to me is transparency and the superb soundstage that the Mites offer. I'm really curious about how the mod-BICs compare.

Thanks in advance.