Yamaha HTR5660 subwoofer and "B" speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha HTR5660 subwoofer and "B" speakers

mufj
03-08-2004, 02:57 AM
Will the Yamaha send low frequency signals to the "B" speakers if you have the Mains set to small. I am planning on setting up the "B" speakers in another room withou a subwoofer where I will listen to music only. The "A" speakers are a sub satillite set and here I will be using for mostly movies and some music. Thanks in advance for any comments

zapr
03-08-2004, 04:40 PM
........The answer is no. What type of sub do you have? If the sub has a high pass filter you could use it to strip the lows off your satellites which would allow you to set the mains to large and run the b speakers full range........Zapr.

mufj
03-08-2004, 06:44 PM
........The answer is no. What type of sub do you have? If the sub has a high pass filter you could use it to strip the lows off your satellites which would allow you to set the mains to large and run the b speakers full range........Zapr.
I have the Energy Take 5.2 system with the S8.2 subwoofer. I am notsure what you are talking about. The Sub does have a cutoff adjustment. Is this it.

zapr
03-09-2004, 10:46 AM
.......I checked the specs. on the s8.2 and there is no high pass filter. Some subs have a high pass that is activated by the way it is connected, yours does not. There may be a way of adding a highpass cross over externally and then running the satellites off the subs high level speaker outputs. You could then set the main speakers to large and run the b's full range. Someone else here may have a better take on this than me..........Zapr.

mufj
03-09-2004, 11:25 AM
.......I checked the specs. on the s8.2 and there is no high pass filter. Some subs have a high pass that is activated by the way it is connected, yours does not. There may be a way of adding a highpass cross over externally and then running the satellites off the subs high level speaker outputs. You could then set the main speakers to large and run the b's full range. Someone else here may have a better take on this than me..........Zapr.

Thanks for your efforts. Someone has told me the th satillites have a cutoff that prevents low frequencies from going to the driver. I need to confirm this. Does this make sense.
In energies manual they do recommend that the satillites be set to large for better sound. However they say not to play them too loud(whatever that is). Any comments.

Thanks again

zapr
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
..........The take 2 satellite has a high pass set at 90hz. The take 2.2 does not. If you have the 2.2's why not just turn the a speakers off when running the b speakers and set the mains to large and then switch back when you want to use the a's.........Zapr.