What's your favorite Sousa tune? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Sousa tune?

Swish
05-12-2008, 06:44 AM
I was pondering this over my bowl of Cheerios this morning, and I have to say that there's something about The Stars and Stripes Forever that just gets my blood pumping and I want to get outside and march down the street.

The Gladiator March is another favorite, even if it was one of John's earliest works. And who can forget Nobles of the Mystic Shrine? Oh man, that was a good one too.

Swish

jasn
05-12-2008, 07:13 AM
I like 'em all, but the remasters are almost unlistenable. All glockenspiel, no sousaphone...sheesh!

3-LockBox
05-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I was in the military for 6 years

Sousa tunes drive me nuckin futs

Swish
05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
I like 'em all, but the remasters are almost unlistenable. All glockenspiel, no sousaphone...sheesh!

And I concur on the remasters (I added that word to the dictionary so we don't get the unsightly red underline. Ditto for unlistenable).

Swish - striving for perfection and missing my a mile

bobsticks
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Pepe & The Bottle Blondes~Cuentame Que Te Paso
Tito Puente~Cha Cha Cha
Chico Alvarez~La Clave, Maraca Y Guiro
and
Manny Oquendo & Libe~Cuando Se Acabara

I miss Carmen Miranda like you wouldn't believe.

Swish
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Pepe & The Bottle Blondes~Cuentame Que Te Paso
Tito Puente~Cha Cha Cha
Chico Alvarez~La Clave, Maraca Y Guiro
and
Manny Oquendo & Libe~Cuando Se Acabara

I miss Carmen Miranda like you wouldn't believe.

...when she brushed her hair in the morning she would be Carmen Miranda Montand when she combs.

Swish

bobsticks
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
...when she brushed her hair in the morning she would be Carmen Miranda Montand when she combs.

Swish

I hope you were ashamed when you typed this.

ForeverAutumn
05-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Swish

I missed this thread because I don't know what a "Sousa tune" is. But this was funny! :biggrin5:

What's a Sousa tune?

...and this better not be one of those "hen way" tricks.

Swish
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I hope you were ashamed when you typed this.

I have no shame....and you should know that by now. I'm a Philly sports fan, except for the Phillies. Baseball is all about the Cardinals.

Swish

Swish
05-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I missed this thread because I don't know what a "Sousa tune" is. But this was funny! :biggrin5:

What's a Sousa tune?

...and this better not be one of those "hen way" tricks.

That was an old Johnny Carson joke that I never forgot. She'll be Carmen Miranda Montand when she combs. Classic stuff.

You never heard of John Philip Sousa? The March King? Really? It's no joke, although my thread was meant to be a joke. Hardly anyone bit, but what can you do? Try to inject some humor into this site and it went over like a lead balloon.

I did it after reading the thread about classical music, sort of busting on the guy a little since classical isn't discussed here very often.

Swish - cut me some slack here!

jasn
05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Atten-n-n-n-hut! Wicked picolo solo on this one.
<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/znEePD1nJxo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>