Fluance or Polk or Paradigm speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fluance or Polk or Paradigm speakers

Cybermerlin
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I am also in the market looking to upgrade my speakers I was looking around for reasonable speakers and reading the reviews, any thoughts about Fluance or Polk or Paradigm.

blackraven
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Its a no brainer. Paradigm! Whats your budget?

budgetaudio76
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
ive never heard the fluance so i cant speak for them. i think i heard polks quite a long time ago. for the life of me i cant remember if i actually did. BUT...i can speak for the paradigms. even bought used they perform quite well. works great for music. mid range sounds full from lower registers towards higher freqs. for having a port at the front they sound tight, percussion drums sound tight. iwas watching one of the star wars movies and i was hearing the movie in surround sound. and im using a 1970s 2 channel sansui with it(in case some of you think im mistaking the sound coming from my ht reciever. it is turned off ;p) honestly i was suprised at the imaging they exhibited. quite solid in that regards could have sworn the rear surrounds were turned on. and on and on and on i go. enough said . by the way they have plenty of bass. im using monitor 9 v3.front ch.

audio amateur
05-12-2008, 03:06 AM
The flagship stand mount from polk is meant to be very good.