AVP:Requiem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AVP:Requiem

ironbird01
05-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Aloha Everyone,

I bought Alien vs.Predator: Requiem DVD this weekend and attempted to watch it. I couldn't get past 15 minutes! I think it's WAY Too Dark! I don't remember it being that dark in the theater. I think I have My television adjusted correctly using Video Essentials. Other dark movies look great, like Dead Silence & Pitch Black. Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm using a 12+ year old ProScan and a Panasonic DVD recorder/player. Is it time to upgrade?

Thanks for your time,

Chris

pixelthis
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Aloha Everyone,

I bought Alien vs.Predator: Requiem DVD this weekend and attempted to watch it. I couldn't get past 15 minutes! I think it's WAY Too Dark! I don't remember it being that dark in the theater. I think I have My television adjusted correctly using Video Essentials. Other dark movies look great, like Dead Silence & Pitch Black. Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm using a 12+ year old ProScan and a Panasonic DVD recorder/player. Is it time to upgrade?

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Toss the Panny, its time.
aND YOU HAVE PICTURE CONTROLS, USE EM.
They are there because no two sources are alike, some movies, (and tv channels) you have to turn the brightness up. Or down.
This is normal.
YOU HAVENT missed anything, BTW.
THIS is a nasty little movie, with the "aliens" doing stuff they normally cant, just to raise the body count, and to show such treats as pregnant women being literally ripped open.
It should be NC17, and is a good example of why the movie rating system is such a joke:1:

ironbird01
05-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks Pixel,

I tried turning up My "brightness" everything turned Grey-ish no more detail than before. I've read online that "the transfer was bad?" Should I expect more Quality from My shopping mall Retailer? Haha J/K! Any suggestions on a up-graded DVD player?

Thanks again Pixel, Sorry if My question was too dumb.

Chris

audio amateur
05-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Thanks Pixel,

I tried turning up My "brightness" everything turned Grey-ish no more detail than before. I've read online that "the transfer was bad?" Should I expect more Quality from My shopping mall Retailer? Haha J/K! Any suggestions on a up-graded DVD player?

Thanks again Pixel, Sorry if My question was too dumb.

Chris
Na, it wasn't too dumb, Pixelthis simply has a way a putting things that can come across as offensive. I don't think there's anything wrong with your DVD player, if other movies look ok. Probably just the DVD, but that is strange.