Golf season is starting!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Golf season is starting!!!

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2008, 07:35 AM
The ten feet of snow are long gone and the links open this weekend. You'll find me on the Fairways throwing clubs and swearing like a sailer this weekend.

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 07:42 AM
When I have insomnia, I watch the Golf channel. Does the trick everytime. :biggrin5:

kexodusc
05-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Say hi to Mats and Vesa for me if you run into them....

GMichael
05-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I'll be on the links in Florida this Monday morning. I play once a year (even though I don't own clubs). My dad plays 3 or 4 times a week. You should see how mad he gets when I beat him with his own clubs.

I'm with you Rich. Watching golf is like watching paint dry on a rainy day.

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
FWIW I can't watch golf either. It bores me to tears to watch. Hubby loves to watch it! That's why we have more than one TV. :)

But I enjoy playing.

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
About five years ago my supervisor and manager organized a "Golf... What's the Deal?" outing at a city owned golf course for our team here at work. It was loads of fun but that's because we weren't in competition, although prizes were handed out for people who met particular "milestones", so to speak. It just so happened that the event was on my birthday, and true to my bosses nature and knowing my reputation, he had the cute young roving beer girl bring me a beer, sing happy birthday to me then give me a hug. I had only been with the company a few months (yes, my reputation preceeds me by miles :o ) so needless to say I was quite embarrased. I must admit my putter was on fire from that point on! :yesnod:

I have to say though, golf courses look stunning in HD.

GMichael
05-09-2008, 11:15 AM
About five years ago my supervisor and manager organized a "Golf... What's the Deal?" outing at a city owned golf course for our team here at work. It was loads of fun but that's because we weren't in competition, although prizes were handed out for people who met particular "milestones", so to speak. It just so happened that the event was on my birthday, and true to my bosses nature and knowing my reputation, he had the cute young roving beer girl bring me a beer, sing happy birthday to me then give me a hug. I had only been with the company a few months (yes, my reputation preceeds me by miles :o ) so needless to say I was quite embarrased. I must admit my putter was on fire from that point on! :yesnod:

I have to say though, golf courses look stunning in HD.

Oh! I see now. This post was from Rich. As I was reading it, I was thinking that it was from FA for some reason. As I got about half way I was getting shocked. Beer, sure. Cute gitl? Huh? But but... Oh. It's just that Rich guy.

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2008, 11:17 AM
One of my best friends, who is female, would be all about the cute girl. ;)

I can appreciate a cute girl...not sure I want a hug from one though. :)

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM

Seeing Mats on the course....as Rich put it...my putter would be on fire!

But what a way to throw my game off! :ihih:

GMichael
05-09-2008, 11:27 AM
A hug from a cute girl wouldn't hurt anyone.:idea:

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
FA, if you have a putter you can take me off your list of husband replacement prospects. :eek:

JM might be interested though...

GMichael
05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
FA, if you have a putter you can take me off your list of husband replacement prospects. :eek:

How do you think she knocks her balls into the holes?
And who put you on her list?

Leave JM out of this. He's mine!

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
If you're concerned about who put me on her list, then tell me to leave JM alone, that makes you a two-timer pal, so forget about that loan for the amp! :incazzato:

GMichael
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
No redheads for you then.

E-Stat
05-09-2008, 01:42 PM
The ten feet of snow are long gone and the links open this weekend. You'll find me on the Fairways throwing clubs and swearing like a sailer this weekend.

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy! I commit the high crime of not always taking advantage of the fact I live across the street from a private course and merely need to ride the old cart over. No tee times required. It's nice to be able to just cruise over and play a few holes.

The weather here in central AR is wonderful this weekend. The challenge is splitting time between taking the motorcycle out for a nice ride and playing golf. :)

rw

ForeverAutumn
05-09-2008, 01:54 PM

I'm happy to report that there is no list of "husband replacement prospects" required at this time. :)

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 03:51 PM
No redheads for you then.
SH!T!!! :incazzato: Why the HELL do I always do that?!?!?!

bobsticks
05-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Nice.

Who's in Michigan? Stone, Slumpy? Hey if anyone gets near Heritage Glen there's a set of Clevelands (sans the sandwedge) in the drink at the 16th. They're all yours.

NP: http://213.234.216.181/bcovers/alb35275.jpg

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Clevelands? Would they be YOUR Clevelands Sticky?

He he snicker snicker.

bobsticks
05-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Clevelands? Would they be YOUR Clevelands Sticky?.

Jah, though clearly not anymore.

Can't really go too deeply into it for obvious reasons but the essential components include a drug dealer's girlfriend, a place called The Mermaid Lounge, a meat packing plant, ominous and threatening phone calls at all hours of the day and night, a variety of handguns and a lot of schlagger. I think one of the carts went in the water too.

I'm not really welcome there anymore.

bobsticks
07-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Okay, yesterday I was a golfer and I'm learning alot about this game. I'ts not just a game for the idle rich and the dead and dying, although there's a lot of that too. Apparently it's free if you're a cop and if you declare the day for "charity" anyone can contribute and make a mockery of even the most solidly traditional private course...Bushwood for a new century.

Though involving a pendulum-like motion a proper golf swing is not like a slapshot; that can lead to trouble. At one point I think I hit someone's house, though I feel it wasn't totally my fault and, frankly, why you would put a perfectly good house that close to a green I don't know.

Also, I don't think you're supposed to fight on the course but even that rule seemed to be called into question. The foursome in front of us came just sort of pulling out protractors and compasses on several occasions and had us backed up pretty severely. I was confident we could've gotten away with a friendly scrum but was advised against it.

Th "Knob Creek" hole didn't help this, or any other, situation.

I seem to have a natural affinity for the game and have no problem launching straight-as-an-arrow shots with some consistency. On a few occasions, in an attempt to not create divits, I topped the ball but the bigger issue seems to be learning which club to use in which situation...hence the house issue...and, again, it just seems like common sense, but if were going to put a house in that area I certainly wouldn't have so many picture windows.

I definetely like the new "Body Armour" and Nike breathable golf shirts. Comfortable into the upper nineties with high humidity, I suspect these would look properly bourgeois with some ratty cargo shorts and flip-flops on those suit and tieless summer afternoons. This may be my fashion statement for the summer if I can find any with goth band logos...maybe I'll just have the word "Eskimo" silkscreened ona few...

sticks (up at three a.m. with sunburned skin bubbling like a sarin gas victim)

Addendum: If you're playing in a best ball tourney I highly recommend involving as many lesbians as possible. Not the "stilleto" or "lipstick" variety, I'm talking mastadons. The ladies' tees were a solid 150 yards ahead of the men's. If you can get a gal that can knock the biscuit 230 or 250 off the tee that leads to some great second-shot opportunities. Just sayin'...

Rich-n-Texas
07-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Okay, yesterday I was a golfer and I'm learning alot about this game. I'ts not just a game for the idle rich and the dead and dying, although there's a lot of that too. Apparently it's free if you're a cop and if you declare the day for "charity" anyone can contribute and make a mockery of even the most solidly traditional private course...Bushwood for a new century.
So... you're a cop, Officer Sticky? (He he snicker snicker)

Though involving a pendulum-like motion a proper golf swing is not like a slapshot; that can lead to trouble. At one point I think I hit someone's house, though I feel it wasn't totally my fault and, frankly, why you would put a perfectly good house that close to a green I don't know.
On the TV news down here not too long ago, it was reported that a homeowner was cited by the city for putting up a net in an attempt to stop golf balls from hitting her house. She was told it was too high and she'd have to take it down. The question is, why did she buy a house on a golf course in the first place? And I'll bet the relatively small amount of damage the ball causes when it breaks a window and such isn't covered by her homeowners insurance either. :rolleyes:

Also, I don't think you're supposed to fight on the course but even that rule seemed to be called into question. The foursome in front of us came just sort of pulling out protractors and compasses on several occasions and had us backed up pretty severely. I was confident we could've gotten away with a friendly scrum but was advised against it.

Th "Knob Creek" hole didn't help this, or any other, situation.

I seem to have a natural affinity for the game and have no problem launching straight-as-an-arrow shots with some consistency. On a few occasions, in an attempt to not create divits, I topped the ball but the bigger issue seems to be learning which club to use in which situation...hence the house issue...and, again, it just seems like common sense, but if were going to put a house in that area I certainly wouldn't have so many picture windows.

I definetely like the new "Body Armour" and Nike breathable golf shirts. Comfortable into the upper nineties with high humidity, I suspect these would look properly bourgeois with some ratty cargo shorts and flip-flops on those suit and tieless summer afternoons. This may be my fashion statement for the summer if I can find any with goth band logos...maybe I'll just have the word "Eskimo" silkscreened ona few...

sticks (up at three a.m. with sunburned skin bubbling like a sarin gas victim)

Addendum: If you're playing in a best ball tourney I highly recommend involving as many lesbians as possible. Not the "stilleto" or "lipstick" variety, I'm talking mastadons. The ladies' tees were a solid 150 yards ahead of the men's. If you can get a gal that can knock the biscuit 230 or 250 off the tee that leads to some great second-shot opportunities. Just sayin'...
Great. Just what the world needs. Another hacker bustin' up people's homes. As if the industry wasn't already in bad shape.

:biggrin5:

ForeverAutumn
07-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Sticks, that post made me laugh so hard that I decided to forward it to my golf-addict husband.

I've always wondered about the whole house on the golf course thing. Not only is it a really dumb idea, but people pay huge freakin amounts of money for the privilege of having their house pummeled with golf balls. As far as I'm concerned they're great for target practice and are fair game. I always aim for the sun umbrella sticking out of the patio table, myself. A good quality umbrella will actually catapult the ball pretty far.

Rich-n-Texas
07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Looks like sticks slept through the morning and into the afternoon as well. :sosp:

bobsticks
07-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Looks like sticks slept through the morning and into the afternoon as well. :sosp:

Nah, I do work go to work you know...often I work while I'm there too.

...on a rare serious note the higher I go with this company the more PR adn community involvement I have and it has been a big adjustment to have a "non adversarial" relationship with them boys in blue.

Glad you got a laugh Autumn, although you'd have laughed alot harder if you were there. Next time I'll have it taped and send it out as a comp.

jrhymeammo
07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Golf is a wonderful game against yourself. No one to blame but yourself and your equipment. Good thing I dont change clubs as often as I change my audio gear. Come to think of it.....

JRA

ForeverAutumn
07-18-2008, 05:14 AM
Golf is a wonderful game against yourself. No one to blame but yourself and your equipment. Good thing I dont change clubs as often as I change my audio gear. Come to think of it.....

JRA

LOL. That's so true. I bought a really nice set of Wilson's last summer. Then I golfed in Vegas with a rented a set of Callaways and played my best game ever. Now I'm convinced that I'd be a better golfer if I traded in my Wilson's for those Callaways.

Auricauricle
07-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Two men of the cloth are playing a game. The first, a protestant, knocks the ball fairly square on. The other, a Catholic, is having a lousy day. Every time he takes a swing, the ball goes wildly off course. In response, the priest turns several shades of blue and lets loose with some of the prettiest foul language the protestant has ever heard. Each time this happens, the protestant tells his friend to mind his tongue, remember his lofty station and to stay focused.

When at the last hole the priest succeeds in sending the ball into orbit, miles away from the green, the priest vents his spleen in renewed and reinvigorated fury. He breaks several clubs, lets out a stream that sounds like a quote for "The Exorcist" and blasphemes every living and nonliving object in the vicinity.

Soon the skies turn dark, and as the pair look nervously around them, the rumbling of an oncoming thunderstorm can be heard. Just then there's a mighty ZAP! and the protestant is knocked down, dead.

The priest looks with amazement, and peers into the sky. He hears a deep voice above him say, "@&%!@#*&%@#!"

bobsticks
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm diggin' the existentialist gig, babe....

Auricauricle
07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Ah, it's nothing!

jrhymeammo
07-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Man, all this talk about Golf got my juices flowing this weekend.
When off to a local course with a co-worker today. last time I played was the day I received my MG 1.6QR. Just over a year ago.

Nice Link course with narrow fairways(never hit from one today).
Shot 42 and 47 and was fairly satisfied, except for 2 triple boggies in a row..... I was convinced that I need a new set of irons, until I started relaxing to some tunes. I'll most definitely be sore tomorrow.

JRA

bobsticks
05-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Thursday...a day of reckoning...first charity golf outing of the season...

...those who fail to learn from history are clearly condemned to repeat it...

More to come.

Auricauricle
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Ah, golf season!

Another great excuse to grab your balls and putter...

ForeverAutumn
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Ah, golf season!

Another great excuse to grab your balls and putter...

Is that what you call FOREplay?

bobsticks
05-05-2009, 05:45 PM
...it might be ONLYplay...:7:

02audionoob
05-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Looks like we better loosen up.

Rich-n-Texas
05-05-2009, 07:23 PM
GOOD LORD!!!

Maybe I don't hate golf so much after all. :drool:

I get the Golf channel BTW.

bobsticks
05-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Looks like we better loosen up.

I'd counter with:
http://www.yardbarker.com/media/8/f/8fc69d5baa0a23b13da912902c1e7806dcd0de1c/xl/04.paulina-gretzky.jpg

...o' course, that's the product of good genes...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0812/nhl.celebrity.couples/images/gretzky-jones.jpg

Nothing to report form the first outing of the year...or at least no news of the sort y'all rabble-rousers would like. My boy Redman was playing and, as a scratch golfer, had some decent words of wisdom as far as my swing goes. By the end of the day I felt I'd lost a touch of distance but the sacrifice was well worth it for accuracy and consistency down the middle of the fairway.

The pressure was on, and there were some deja-vu flashbacks, but I didn't hit anyone's domicile this outing. This is no way a promisory statement about next time...

bobsticks
05-24-2009, 07:31 AM
The Old Golfer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A circus owner runs an ad for a lion tamer and two people show up. One is a good looking, older retired golfer in his late sixties and the other is a gorgeous blonde in her mid-twenties.

The circus owner tells them, "I'm not going to sugar coat it. This is one ferocious lion He ate my last tamer so you two had better be good or you're history. Here's your equipment -- chair, whip and a gun. Who wants to try out first?"

The girl says, "I'll go first."

She walks past the chair, the whip and the gun and steps right into the lion's cage. The lion starts to snarl and pant and begins to charge her. About half way there, she throws open her coat revealing her beautiful naked body.

The lion stops dead in his tracks, sheepishly crawls up to her and starts licking her feet and ankles. He continues to lick and kiss her entire body for several minutes and then rests his head at her feet.

The circus owner's jaw is on the floor.

He says, "I've never seen a display like that in my life." He then turns to the retired golfer and asks, "Can you top that?"

The tough old golfer replies, "No problem, just get that damn lion out of the way.........".

jrhymeammo
05-24-2009, 07:15 PM
I played in H.H. Island 2 weeks ago @ twice the cost, being a tourist and all.
Great place to play, but don't think I'll ever visit there again. What amazed me the most was that people still love doing coke. If that's a rich men's paradise, then I wish to remain poor... Hot babes though.

J