Needing a good suggestion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Needing a good suggestion

GR4ffik
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
I work in a warehouse and we are really tired of our sissy radio to listen to music on. We are going to pitch in and get a new one but need some help on finding the right one to push out the power we want and sound good without spending a bunch of money. Preferably something with aux/IPod capability. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Btw i have no idea where this post should be so it started here.

Thanks,
Gr4:2:

markw
05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
The first suggestions I can come up with is to provide a budget, tell us about how big an area you want to fill with sound, and how loud you want it.

Feanor
05-09-2008, 08:37 AM
I work in a warehouse and we are really tired of our sissy radio to listen to music on. We are going to pitch in and get a new one but need some help on finding the right one to push out the power we want and sound good without spending a bunch of money. Preferably something with aux/IPod capability. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Btw i have no idea where this post should be so it started here.

Thanks,
Gr4:2:

As Markw says, more info would be helpful. A warehouse is a potential very poor accoustic environment; could be you sissy radio is less of the problem than the local accoustics.

Nonetheless "professional" sound equipment is usually in order for large spaces. On the face of it you will need something like ...

A preamp/control unit/mixer, perhaps a "professional" one that will accept, say, a stereo phone jack -- you might need a mini-plug to 1/4" adaptor to accept your typical portable player.
A "pro" power amp such as this Behringer (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=248-747), (just suggest the type of amp, not a specific model).
1, 2, or maybe more pairs of sound reenforcement speakers such as Behringer (http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=248-631), (again, just to suggest the type).

blackraven
05-09-2008, 04:11 PM
The Onkyo TX8522 recveiver has IPOD compatability along with 100wpc and can be found for as low as $129 refurbished.