MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots..

audio amateur
05-09-2008, 03:48 AM
...should be launched worldwide early June. I've been an MGS fan ever since the first came out, although I haven't yet played the third instalment. The Preview of this 4th looks absolutely stunning:
http://www.kikizo.com/viewer/vidview_games_KZ1.asp?games/metalgearsolid4_gc06trailer_hd/kikizo_hd720p30_metalgearsolid4_gc06trailer.wmv

(right click on 'your download is now ready etc' and hit save link as)
It's a big file but well worth watching, let alone to have a look at the graphics. Apparently they managed to max out the Cell's processing power:

'In the May 2008 issue of EDGE magazine, Kojima has expressed disappointment in the final result of the game's graphics and his inability to realize his early vision. Kojima says, "But when we actually started developing the game, we realized there were a lot of restrictions and so it turned out how you see it today ... we wanted to create something revolutionary, but in reality we couldn't really do that because of the CPU. We're using the Cell engine to its limit, actually. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising the PS3 machine, it's just that we weren't really aware of what the full-spec PS3 offered."[19] However, Kojima has more recently stated that he is "very satisfied" with the final game.'[20]

taken from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots

Any MGS fans around here?

PS: how much is the going rate on PS3 in the US these days?

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Where you been young whippersnapper!

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=26682&page=2

audio amateur
05-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Forgot about that one:D But you never seem to mention the price..
By the way, the preview I put the link to is high def (720 by 1280):ihih:

Rich-n-Texas
05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Forgot about that one:D But you never seem to mention the price..
Sorry, the bundle costs $500. The game separately is like $54 IIRC.

By the way, the preview I put the link to is high def (720 by 1280):ihih:
DTS-MA? :biggrin5:

audio amateur
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Sorry, the bundle costs $500. The game separately is like $54 IIRC.

DTS-MA? :biggrin5:
Nope, plain ol' 16 bit 44KHz stereo:1:

L.J.
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I own all 3. Really didn't get into the 3rd one. Played a few missions and that was it. Thinking of getting this last one though.

I'm waiting for that Dragon Ball Z(of course) and new Star Wars too.

audio amateur
05-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I own all 3. Really didn't get into the 3rd one. Played a few missions and that was it. Thinking of getting this last one though.

I'm waiting for that Dragon Ball Z(of course) and new Star Wars too.
This is sort of what I feel only having seen some previews. But it sems to have good reviews. I'll have to get it some time. MGS 4 will have to wait tough. PS3 prices are too steep at the moment, especially here in Europe.
The only DBZ i've ever played was on Sega Megadrive:cornut: was awesome.