Sonus Faber Minuetto's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Faber Minuetto's

JStudrawa
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey all, it's been a while since I spent way too much time here but I have a question and I trust you guys...

A co-worker has a pair of Sonus Faber Minuetto's that he is wanting to sell, in very good shape. I was curious if you all had a ballpark for their value, just off the top of your heads.

Thanks for any info!

frenchmon
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey all, it's been a while since I spent way too much time here but I have a question and I trust you guys...

A co-worker has a pair of Sonus Faber Minuetto's that he is wanting to sell, in very good shape. I was curious if you all had a ballpark for their value, just off the top of your heads.

Thanks for any info!

Well Sonus Faber happens to be my dream speaker. I've never heard of the Minuetto's, but they have a Memento That sells for $15,000,00. How much does your friend want to sell them for?

frechmon

audio amateur
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
They look pretty old skool

filecat13
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
The Sonus Faber Minuetto "G" was part of the Classical Series. Also known as the Bambino due to its diminutive stature, it's a two-way ported speaker with a 6.5 in. woofer and 1 in. dome tweeter. It's really more of a bookshelf or rear channel speaker going from about 65Hz to 18kHz. I think it's somewhat inefficient, like 86 or 88dB in that range, but I remember it being 4 or 6 Ohms rather than 8, so it doesn't need a ton of power.

I've seen a few used pairs on sale for $750-800. That's too much IMO. My opinion is supported in this case by the fact that they didn't sell and were taken off the market. I'd think $500-600 depending on condition is more than generous. It's still more than I'd pay, but they are pretty for their era. ;)

JStudrawa
05-08-2008, 04:36 AM
He was setting his auction at $399 to start, but I have no idea what his ideas are. He says he paid $1600 for them new years ago.

Thanks for the responses, all! Can always count on this place :)