Virgin Festival 2008 in Baltimore. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Festival 2008 in Baltimore.

Swish
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry Slosh and Bobsticks, not that kind of Virgin. This is the Virgin Airlines music fest coming up on August 9th and 10th at the Pimlico racetrack. The first day lineup features
Bloc Party, Cat Power*, Citizen Cope, Foo Fighters, KT Tunstall, and Wilco.

The second day has Andrew Bird*, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Black Keys, Bob Dylan*, Iggy and the Stooges, Nine Inch Nails, and Stone Temple Pilots.

Two powerhouse lineups and there are others that I didn't mention. Check it out for yourself at
http://www.virginmobilefestival.com/#/home/

Virgin is holding similar shows in other cities (Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver) but I'm not sure of the bands.

Swish

* On my 'must see before I die' list.

ForeverAutumn
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
That's a way better lineup (IMO) than Toronto.

Day 1 - Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, Spiritualized, Wintersleep, MGMT, Constantines.

Day 2 - Oasis, Paul Weller, Stereophonics, The Weakerthans, Pigeon Detectives, The Wombats.

That appears to be all that's been announced so far, but the Festival here isn't until September.

bobsticks
04-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Sorry Slosh and Bobsticks, not that kind of Virgin.

Dammit...

...that is a nice lineup though.

Random thought over morning coffee: Virgins and Islamic Fundamentalists: I really like Dennis Millers thoughts on the 72 virgins...he said "And really, isn't this 72 virgins thing just a little overrated? I mean, after three or four, doesn't the thrill kind of wear off? And by Virgin 23, you're going to be begging for a pro, someone who knows when and when not to use their teeth."

MindGoneHaywire
04-30-2008, 05:42 AM
For Dylan, who I've never seen, and Iggy, I may just have to look into this. The first day, well, I've seen Wilco, much as I like them, and while I'm a big fan of one Duffy song, her debut on Leno the other night singing the pop hit single was, er, awful. So that's lsss enticing. But my wife has some family in the Pikesville area & I may look to take advantage of the opportunity to FINALLY see Dylan.

Edit: Wait. I saw Sharon Jones along with Duffy & Wilco on the Saturday, and that's enticing, but Chuck Berry? Never seen him either. I may have a guitar I may need to hock to do this. You going, Swish? I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for letting us know.

Swish
04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
For Dylan, who I've never seen, and Iggy, I may just have to look into this. The first day, well, I've seen Wilco, much as I like them, and while I'm a big fan of one Duffy song, her debut on Leno the other night singing the pop hit single was, er, awful. So that's lsss enticing. But my wife has some family in the Pikesville area & I may look to take advantage of the opportunity to FINALLY see Dylan.

Edit: Wait. I saw Sharon Jones along with Duffy & Wilco on the Saturday, and that's enticing, but Chuck Berry? Never seen him either. I may have a guitar I may need to hock to do this. You going, Swish? I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for letting us know.

Tickets go on sale May 3rd as I recall, so we don't have much time to make a decision as I would bet it'll sell out rather quickly. With the economy in a funk, perhaps not, but I won't take any chances if I can get some amigos to make the trip with me. Perhaps we'll see you there buddy.

Swish