pics of the new theater [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : pics of the new theater

hmmmm
04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Here's my newly, almost finished, movie room. It's all wired for a projector but the Samsung DLP will stay there for a few months. The second pic is the cove lighting with all other lights turned off. The ceiling took me about 6 hours to paint...it's hard to tell here but it really looks like seude fabric.
The speakers are my DIY's as well as the piece of art.
Sorry the pics are so bad. Not shown here is a riser with a sofa, etc... I'll add them later. Thanks

bobsticks
04-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Damn nice job!

You've done a really good job dealing with the compromising issues of a smaller room and, of course, it's extremely aesthetically pleasing. Great job on the lighting too and I bet the curtains have a decided dampening effect.

You might see some improvement from the center channel by pulling it out from the cabinet when in use but now I'm getting picky.

Great work.

O'Shag
04-24-2008, 03:53 PM
hmmmmm, very nice room.

blackraven
04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Way cool! Great room!

hmmmm
04-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Damn nice job!

You've done a really good job dealing with the compromising issues of a smaller room and, of course, it's extremely aesthetically pleasing. Great job on the lighting too and I bet the curtains have a decided dampening effect.

You might see some improvement from the center channel by pulling it out from the cabinet when in use but now I'm getting picky.

Great work.

Thanks guys,
yeah I agree with the center channel. It will be out in the open for sure when I get the projector.
The curtains a really heavy and have bass traps behind them.

kexodusc
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys,
yeah I agree with the center channel. It will be out in the open for sure when I get the projector.
The curtains a really heavy and have bass traps behind them.
Wow, you've been busy. Looks great. Love the ceiling...is that track lighting?

L.J.
04-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Sweet!!!!

bobsticks
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Kex you need to post more often. I swear I laugh out loud everytime I read your sig...

kexodusc
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Kex you need to post more often. I swear I laugh out loud everytime I read your sig...
You should see me belt it out karaoke style. My band tried covering it a few years back...once...

"We nevah win but the bahhhhtullll rayyyyyges aaawwwnnnn...."

f0rge
04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
wow that's sweet

f0rge
04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
You should see me belt it out karaoke style. My band tried covering it a few years back...once...

"We nevah win but the bahhhhtullll rayyyyyges aaawwwnnnn...."

wow i love 80's pop tunes, but that song is just plain bad lol

hmmmm
04-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, you've been busy. Looks great. Love the ceiling...is that track lighting?

I wanted to hide the hvac duct on the left side, so I dropped the ceiling down the whole way around (except for a small window where it angles in), and then put crown moulding at the bottom with a rope light just sitting in the crown moulding. A friend of mine did the crown moulding.
Where the lighting goes into the window area, it creates a cool looking "V" shape on the ceiling. It looks like I planned it that way but it was a nice surprise.

pixelthis
04-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Very nice work, a dedicated HT room has always been a dream of mine, need to get a house first...
And the lighting is kool too. Dont take this the wrong way but the Samsung appears a bit, underwhelming in such a nice room, planning to get a projector?:1:

audio amateur
04-25-2008, 01:20 AM
VERY nicely done indeed. Enjoy!
ps. what sub are you going to be using?

hmmmm
04-25-2008, 03:25 AM
Very nice work, a dedicated HT room has always been a dream of mine, need to get a house first...
And the lighting is kool too. Dont take this the wrong way but the Samsung appears a bit, underwhelming in such a nice room, planning to get a projector?:1:

I agree about the samsung. I put in the first post that the projector is coming in a few months- possibly a little longer because I'm putting in a bar. A friend of mine's company just merged with projector people and he's helping me with getting the right one.

hmmmm
04-25-2008, 03:28 AM
VERY nicely done indeed. Enjoy!
ps. what sub are you going to be using?

I have a Dayton Quattro 15" sealed sub (another do it yourself) behind the sofa. It's on the riser, so the sofa really vibrates with explosions, etc...

kexodusc
04-25-2008, 05:19 AM
I wanted to hide the hvac duct on the left side, so I dropped the ceiling down the whole way around (except for a small window where it angles in), and then put crown moulding at the bottom with a rope light just sitting in the crown moulding. A friend of mine did the crown moulding.
Where the lighting goes into the window area, it creates a cool looking "V" shape on the ceiling. It looks like I planned it that way but it was a nice surprise.

What height is the ceiling? I'll have an HVAC duct along one side in my HT room too, but I'm torn between dropping the ceiling to even level or just living with a bit of asymmetry in order to preserve the height of the ceiling for sound purposes...

Rich-n-Texas
04-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Nice job hmmmm. The colors and ceiling work are outstanding. Very well coordinated.

hmmmm
04-25-2008, 07:22 AM
What height is the ceiling? I'll have an HVAC duct along one side in my HT room too, but I'm torn between dropping the ceiling to even level or just living with a bit of asymmetry in order to preserve the height of the ceiling for sound purposes...

I'd drop it down on the other side also and fill it with insulation. You could do it on the front and back like me if you want but not come into the room as far as the sides.
The ceiling is only 8.5 feet high. I like the coffered ceiling look and was told that it is good for bass. I wouldn't go assymetrical in your home theater room. I did in my last room and I hated it because the curtains had to be different heights on the left an right. I have to have my curtains! A guy at acoustical solutions said symmetry is what you want in a setup like ours.