Hey GM... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey GM...

Rich-n-Texas
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
We got Pac man we got Pac man...
(Cowboys)

As if we didn't have enough problems with the crime rate here, along comes another ex-con. :rolleyes:

Jim Clark
04-24-2008, 10:19 AM
We got Pac man we got Pac man...
(Cowboys)

As if we didn't have enough problems with the crime rate here, along comes another ex-con. :rolleyes:

Ex-con? I think that's more like plain ol' con.

jc

GMichael
04-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I thought you were a die hard Eagle's fan. What's going on with the "We got..."

Swish
04-24-2008, 11:09 AM
He put together a nice team and then brings in the big jackass T.O. and now Pacman? All he needs to do is look to the West and see what Al Davis got for hiring all those ex-cons and trouble-makers. Nothing but trouble and losing seasons. Talk about ruining a franchise.

T.O. still has some good days ahead of him, but he might have a nervous breakdown before he's through. Funny how he cried when the press picked on his quarterback, and they didn't even get out of the first round, yet he made McNabb out to be the reason they lost the Super Bowl. Say what you will about McNabb, but I would have him on my team before T.O., regardless of talent. I hope he NEVER gets a ring with the Cowboys, a team I love to hate, and now I have yet another reason to hate them. Fine by me.

Swish

Rich-n-Texas
04-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Ex-con? I think that's more like plain ol' con.

jc
Yeah, I don't think its been determined yet whether or not he's going back to jail.

Rich-n-Texas
04-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I thought you were a die hard Eagle's fan. What's going on with the "We got..."
"(Cowboys)" = read between the lines. Do I need to explain further? You & FA... geez. :frown2:

T.O. still has some good days ahead of him, but he might have a nervous breakdown before he's through. Funny how he cried when the press picked on his quarterback, and they didn't even get out of the first round, yet he made McNabb out to be the reason they lost the Super Bowl. Say what you will about McNabb, but I would have him on my team before T.O., regardless of talent. I hope he NEVER gets a ring with the Cowboys, a team I love to hate, and now I have yet another reason to hate them. Fine by me.
:lol: I could fill a book with all your T.O. rants Swish. :smilewinkgrin:

ForeverAutumn
04-24-2008, 11:52 AM
GM. Apparently, you and I are supposed to be able to read minds.

GMichael
04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
GM. Apparently, you and I are supposed to be able to read minds.
That's not a problem. I did read his mind. (even though it was just a short story) Then I shot back with the same sarcasm, and he was like, "can't you tell I was joking?"

Duh....

I guess he never replaced that detector I sold him.

Rich-n-Texas
04-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah. Let's stay on topic okay?

And you didn't "sell" me a detector, you ripped me off for one... As useless as my chicklett gun. :rolleyes:

bobsticks
04-24-2008, 04:02 PM
You gotta love the (de-)evolution of professional athletes in all sports really. I remember growing up with the Pistons as the "Bad Boys" 'cause they'd throw an elbow or get in a pushing match occasionally...

...now I keep expecting to hear the Ghost of Harry Caray slurring, " Up next at the plate is John "Caterpillar" Jones boasting a .323 batting average, two DUIs, two Felonious Assault and Batteries, a gun charge and six stolen bases"...

3-LockBox
04-24-2008, 04:34 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Its fun watching Jerry Jones throw good money after bad. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. ;)</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JohnMichael
04-24-2008, 04:57 PM
What the hell is this thread about?

bobsticks
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM
What the hell is this thread about?

This idiot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacman_Jones

Make sure to read the bottom section regarding "Legal Troubles"...

Swish
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
You gotta love the (de-)evolution of professional athletes in all sports really. I remember growing up with the Pistons as the "Bad Boys" 'cause they'd throw an elbow or get in a pushing match occasionally...

...now I keep expecting to hear the Ghost of Harry Caray slurring, " Up next at the plate is John "Caterpillar" Jones boasting a .323 batting average, two DUIs, two Felonious Assault and Batteries, a gun charge and six stolen bases"...

...but too many with the 'gangsta' mentality who can't seem to understand that they're in a very elite group, making more money in a year than some people won't see in their entire lives, and yet they can't seem to stay out of trouble. WTF is wrong with them? Just invest about 70% of your net for about 5 or 6 years and retire comfortably. Play golf, drink beer, travel wherever you wish. It really can be that simple. Knuckle heads.

Swish

Rich-n-Texas
04-25-2008, 04:36 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Its fun watching Jerry Jones throw good money after bad. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. ;)</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
He has (or will) have a lot of extra cash on hand because of the way he's screwing the fans on ticket prices for the almost complete, massive correctional facility playground. That along with the fact that in the end, the taxpayers will have pretty much foot the entire bill for it's construction tells me he knows what he's doing.

...but too many with the 'gangsta' mentality who can't seem to understand that they're in a very elite group, making more money in a year than some people won't see in their entire lives, and yet they can't seem to stay out of trouble.
Michael Irvin comes to mind...... Wait, that can't be right, he's in the Hall of Fame! :frown2:

Oh the irony of it all!

GMichael
04-25-2008, 05:55 AM
...but too many with the 'gangsta' mentality who can't seem to understand that they're in a very elite group, making more money in a year than some people won't see in their entire lives, and yet they can't seem to stay out of trouble. WTF is wrong with them? Just invest about 70% of your net for about 5 or 6 years and retire comfortably. Play golf, drink beer, travel wherever you wish. It really can be that simple. Knuckle heads.

Swish
I agree. But too many of them have no real education. Sure, they went to some fine schools, but they didn't learn anything other than how to play ball as well as the system. Everyone tells them how great they are. They begin to believe that they are above it all. Then they have millions to spend on recreational drugs etc. Stir it all together and you have the ingredients for some very crappy and arrogant behavior. Some of them do pay attention and stay focused. Look at players like Bret Farve. He never let it go to his head.
Then along comes J.J. He sees a guy who's got a lot of talent but can't stay out of trouble. Oh great he thinks. I can get this guy for cheap (or at least less than it seems he's worth). Well J.J., it ain't so cheap. This kind of turmoil can bring a good team down. But you deserve it.

Rich-n-Texas
04-25-2008, 06:54 AM
I think you mean Jerry J. However, great sermon nonetheless GM. :biggrin5:

GMichael
04-25-2008, 06:57 AM
I think you mean Jerry J. However, great sermon nonetheless GM. :biggrin5:

Oops :blush2: