samsung bd-p1400 problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : samsung bd-p1400 problem

hmmmm
04-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with their samsung Bluray. I bought it last November and had a few problems with it but was told the firmware updates would solve the problems. I decided to build a new home theater room and boxed up the player because for the most part it amazed me with the sound and picture quality.
The problem is that I have to "re-boot" it a couple times before it will either play or open the drawer. Once started, it works great. I just put in the latest firmware update, and again, it sounds and looks great, but it takes me about 2 to 3 minutes to get the door opened. The Samsung guy said the firmware should have fixed that (he checked and I did have the right update). I really hate to have to mail it to a repair shop.
Thanks

Mr Peabody
04-23-2008, 06:41 PM
I've not experienced that with mine. Are you using any kind of power conditioning product? If not, something that prevents spikes and lulls may help. It sounds like Samsung is aware of the problem though and a trip to the doctor may be the only thing to do and you should do it before warranty runs out.

hmmmm
04-24-2008, 10:47 AM
I have it on a power conditioner so It looks like I'll have to send it for repair. It stinks because I hate to be without it! Can't live with it, can't live without it:)