The revolution has begun! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The revolution has begun!

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I told you that it was only a matter of time. They start by preying on the weak and the sick...the cowardly bastards!

SYDNEY (AFP) - An invasion of venomous spiders has forced an Australian hospital to evacuate patients and temporarily close its doors, reports said Wednesday.

Authorities decided the infestation of redback spiders at Baralaba Hospital in Queensland state's Banana Shire was too dangerous for patients, Australian Associated Press reported.

It said repeated attempts to oust the arachnids had failed, so patients and staff would be moved to another facility to allow a thorough fumigation of the 10-bed hospital.

The black spiders with a red stripe, close relatives of the black widow, are about 2-4 centimetres (0.8-1.6 inches) long and common across Australia.

Their bites can cause severe pain, muscle spasms and death, although no fatalities have been recorded since an anti-venom was introduced in the 1950s.

Queensland's rural director of nursing Ellen Palmer said the spiders had taken up residence in the hospital after becoming agitated by recent wet and humid weather.

"I've been up here seven months and I know they have had five months of fighting redbacks at Baralaba," she said.

"We can't have redbacks in the hospital because it's too big a risk."

L.J.
04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
I had to look 'em up to see what they look like. Pretty close to Black Widow's but a little bigger maybe. I like how the arcticle uses the word "invasion" :eek:

kexodusc
04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Now that they're in the hospital they have access to growth hormones and all sorts of nasty chemicals...this is only going to get worse...

GMichael
04-23-2008, 06:34 AM
Here we come................
Walking down the thread...
World's funniest bug love...
They get all up on you head......

HEY HEY We're the Spiders.....!

Rich-n-Texas
04-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice GM. Nice.

Didin't the contestants on "Survivor: Australia" have to eat them in order to gain immunity?

bobsticks
04-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Didja hear 'bout their Canadian cousins the Saskatchewan Hairly-Legged Pincer? They're making their way across the northern part of the continent infesting new homes as people are renovating and moving in...

GMichael
04-23-2008, 07:16 AM
FA will not be amused.

Rich-n-Texas
04-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Are you saying she doesn't shave her legs GM?

GMichael
04-23-2008, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't know the answer to that question.

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks GM. Now I have to scroll down this thread really, really fast to miss that pic.

Joke all you want, but it's an invasion right by the book. First they attack the sick and the weak, then they move in for the radio and TV stations and the water towers. :frown5:

bobsticks
04-23-2008, 09:16 AM
News reports have the situation becoming dire in Leaf Country, as the spiders have taken to random insurance agencies and coffee houses. Toronto clean-up crews have had to don special protective gear in the war on the invading arachnid hordes...

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/04/03/toronto_narrowweb__300x544,0.jpg

kexodusc
04-23-2008, 09:33 AM
News reports have the situation becoming dire in Leaf Country, as the spiders have taken to random insurance agencies and coffee houses. Toronto clean-up crews have had to don special protective gear in the war on the invading arachnid hordes...

Don't worry, in a few weeks the mosquitos from around Lake Ontario will be out and eating up those nasty spiders....

GMichael
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks GM. Now I have to scroll down this thread really, really fast to miss that pic.
:frown5:

If you ask real nice, I might be persuaded to delete that post.

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2008, 09:50 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE TIM HORTONS!!!!!

:cryin:

bobsticks
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I wondered if you'd recognize that location. Isn't the net amazing...

they seem to like to build nests is the erns so be careful.