Recaping Bose 901 series III EQ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recaping Bose 901 series III EQ

BCbud
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Good day!

I have read that recaping the EQ can increase the top end freaquency responce. I have looked for some kind of instrutions on the topic but have found nothing. I not woried about the fisical removal and replacment of the components as this would not be hard fo me to do. I am looking for info on what components to replace and with what type and value or raiting.
I stopped and had a second look inside my EQ, as I could tell that it has been opend befor I got it, ther are some not so old school looking white rectangular caps in it. Could it be that it has been recaped or could they be the caps that need replacing? There is also some ceramic and electrolitic caps in there as well. I have attached a couple of pics.
any input would be helpful.

pixelthis
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Good day!

I have read that recaping the EQ can increase the top end freaquency responce. I have looked for some kind of instrutions on the topic but have found nothing. I not woried about the fisical removal and replacment of the components as this would not be hard fo me to do. I am looking for info on what components to replace and with what type and value or raiting.
I stopped and had a second look inside my EQ, as I could tell that it has been opend befor I got it, ther are some not so old school looking white rectangular caps in it. Could it be that it has been recaped or could they be the caps that need replacing? There is also some ceramic and electrolitic caps in there as well. I have attached a couple of pics.
any input would be helpful.

No comment on these speakers, promise.
One thing you can do is to look for labels on those "new" parts, see if you can find out their date.
Most likely it has been worked on, its old and bose is not known for the quality of their parts.
One thing you can do if you have access to another box is to compare the two.
FOR WHAT ITS WORTH this board looks to be in good shape, like its been cleaned, and some of those caps look new, been out of the game for awhile so I couldnt tell ya for sure:1: