Paul K. an the Weathermen [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paul K. an the Weathermen

3-LockBox
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">OK, so I liked Love Is A Gas quite a bit (thanks for the rec Davey), so much so I decided to buy it on CD.

But I'm not crazy about Wildeness Of Mirrors. The website has a bunch more free downloads, but where should I start?

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Davey
04-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Oh, didn't see this the first time. Doesn't look like many others took a peek either :)

Too bad, what a great artist. Surprised you aren't more into Wilderness of Mirrors. That one is probably my favorite these days. Amazing record, actually been listening to it quite a bit recently. I now have hard copies of that great mid 90s trio of Achilles Heel, Love is a Gas, and Wilderness of Mirrors, along with the less consistent earlier Garden of Forking Paths which was my first one that I came across in a used CD store many years ago. It does have some good stuff on it, though. Achilles Heel may be your best bet if you are still looking to download another from that archive site (and I did get a nice reputation point and comment from that thread, appreciated even if it was a grey one and so didn't count toward my becoming famous someday). Has more of a 70s sound like some of the more commercial Love is a Gas, even a great cover of Townes Van Zandt's "Tecumsah Valley".

But yea, I do love Wilderness of Mirrors. Obviously one of those r 'n r artists that isn't staying at it to roll in a bed of cash with hot chicks. Only seems to really connect with a few of us, not sure why. "They say the world is a lonely place, but it's all between your ears."

Wilderness has the honor of being the absolute best $.01 this boy ever spent on a CD, and it was even new!

:)