Yamaha RX-V3300 low volume glitch? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V3300 low volume glitch?

koop
03-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Twice now, the volume is very low when I turn on my Yamaha. I can turn the volume up to a level which would normally drive me from the room, and instead I just barely here the input. So far, every time this has happened, turning the receiver off and on again has solved the problem. I have had this unit for about 3 months now and I love it. If this is a sign of a serious problem I would like to have it fixed while still under warranty, assuming they can find the problem. Thanks for your help.

kexodusc
03-07-2004, 05:57 AM
I treat my equipment just like I would my car. If there's a minor problem now, I get it fixed (especially while under warranty) because you never know if it might just be the precursor to a larger problem.
A quick call to Yamaha certainly is called for, there may be a solution that you can perform (ie: manual reset) without having to part with your receiver.
That's a helluva unit, and for the price you paid for it, you should get this resolved.

I have an old RX-V795a that produces a slight pulsing static noise out of the right rear speaker at high volumes that I was too lazy to fix. It drove me nuts, and now it's in my basement workshop serving as a glorified radio.

Wireworm5
03-07-2004, 08:06 AM
I haven't experienced the problem your describing on my Yamaha RX-V2200. Yeah, check it out.

kfalls
03-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Since this is an RX-V receiver I assume you are running a home theater system. When the volume is low, is it low in all channels? Does it happen on only one input or all inputs (DVD, Tuner, ...)? If it's happening on all channels on all inputs, my guess is you have either a problem with the "muting", or a power supply problem. Also check your speaker wires. Is there a strand from a "+" terminal touching a "-" terminal, or vice versa? Wires touching would cause the protection circuit to kick in and have the effect you're talking about. They may be close enough to touch occasionally, but then open when you reset the receiver. Just a couple of things to check.