Who is king of the long posts? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who is king of the long posts?

GMichael
04-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Who is, or was, the most long winded poster here at AR.com? Who is, or was, it who could type and type for so long that their posts seem to never end? There have been a few to choose from over the years. Some are still around while others have slipped away.

RGA is the first to come to my mind. Some of his posts were like reading War and Piece. I couldn't get through most of them without stopping for lunch. It seemed like he was typing at 100+wpm. He could throw up a post in 20 minutes that would take me most of the day to read.
To me, RGA was and is the king of typing.

Florian did a lot of debating with RGA. I don't think that his posts even came close to the length of RGA's. But what they lacked in length were made up in pure dedication.
This poll would not be complete without Flo on it.

Wooch was and still is a lengthy poster. He jams a books worth of information in his, well, books.
Wooch's posts are surpassed by none.

Sir T is another major poster here. Like Wooch, he packs a ton of information in only a few thousand words.
Sir T is poster of the year. If he can't post it, nobody can.

Pixlethis is a relative newcomer, but he has had his share of long posts too. His posts can be filled with facts. He often uses those facts randomly to come to conclusions that most disagree with. But he stirs up a lot of talk, and this place needs his confrontational style to keep things interesting.
Pixy is the new king and master.

OzzieAudiophile is very new but is coming on strong. Sorry dude. I think you are too new to win this poll, but keep up the great work. Maybe next season.
OzzieAudiophile is the next RGA.

Let's not forget Resident Looser. Not only could he type forever, he could put a spin on the English language that made most people say. "Huh? WTF did he say?"
RL was my favorite long winded poster.

Who is is there that I've left off? Write in votes are encouraged.
Other is better than you think. He/she is poster of the decade.

GMichael
04-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Geez, I left of Lex and PS!!!!:mad2: :incazzato:

John or Estat,

Can one of you change the header from Who is king to the long posts? to Who is king of the long posts?

Rich-n-Texas
04-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh, you had to throw RL in there didn't ya? :mad2: Can I vote twice?

Even though I don't want my vote to reflect that pix "is the new king and master"of ANYTHING, I voted for him nonetheless. Simply because he has to return fire from soooo many different positions on the battlefield.

If he could just get the hang of the quote tags thing, it would be easier to see what I'm talking about.

Now, if you had said who's the most creative blowhard... :D

GMichael
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Now, if you had said who's the most creative blowhard... :D

Me?:frown2:

JohnMichael
04-18-2008, 02:21 PM

John or Estat,

Can one of you change the header from Who is king to the long posts? to Who is king of the long posts?

Anything for a fellow Michael.

GMichael
04-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Anything for a fellow Michael.

Thanks JM.

You da man!:thumbsup:

kexodusc
04-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I vote RGA...the man was long winded.
Most of Sir T and Pixelthis' lengths come from the numerous quotes, subtract that and RGA has'em licked.

Rich-n-Texas
04-19-2008, 06:53 AM
I wonder if there's a program that will overlay an entire discussion forum and count words based on username?:idea:

Wait, I don't think that would help my cause anyway. Too much unrecognizable text. :nonod:

Rich-n-Texas
04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Me?:frown2:
Don't flatter yourself. :biggrin5:

Groundbeef
04-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Jeez, I take a few weeks off to study, and its like I was never here. I've had my go arounds with most of the aforementioned greats, but I don't even garner a spot on the poll.

And considering I generally only post on XBOX/PS3 I suppose that might have hobbled me a bit.

Man, this poll sucks.

GMichael
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Jeez, I take a few weeks off to study, and its like I was never here. I've had my go arounds with most of the aforementioned greats, but I don't even garner a spot on the poll.

And considering I generally only post on XBOX/PS3 I suppose that might have hobbled me a bit.

Man, this poll sucks.

Sorry GB. I should have included you. Please forgive me.

Now, could ya stop whining and vote already?

dean_martin
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM

What happened to PS? Is he still here?

(Did I miss something?)

bobsticks
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
What happened to PS? Is he still here?

(Did I miss something?)

PS was suspended for general jackassery involving multiple IDs and other such baiting and foolishness.

Sir T., though a battering ram, often is more a counterpuncher using quotes which may make his novels seem even longer.

For raw data Wooch gets the award in terms April to April output.

Ozzie's gotta get a rookie trophy of some sort...definite MVP material in the making.

I'm purely a soundbite guy.

markw
04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Is it quality along with quantity, or just simply quantity that counts?

That could make a signiificant difference.

GMichael
04-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Is it quality along with quantity, or just simply quantity that counts?

That could make a signiificant difference.

Take your pick.

noddin0ff
04-23-2008, 05:25 AM
RGA by a length

GMichael
04-23-2008, 05:34 AM
RGA by a length

Yeah, a lot of length. Too bad we couldn't get a stat on "words per post."
RGA would be king of WPP.

dean_martin
04-23-2008, 09:07 AM
PS was suspended for general jackassery involving multiple IDs and other such baiting and foolishness.

hmmm...didn't see that coming.

GMichael
04-23-2008, 09:46 AM
hmmm...didn't see that coming.

It was a temporary thing. But I guess he decided that he didn't like us anymore.

Florian
05-19-2008, 03:28 AM
RGA hands down! God i used to get so pissed reading his stuff, and it was mostly about those godwafull Audio Note boxes. LOL Ah, those where the times.

RGA
05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm a two finger typer :thumbsup:

And the AN boxes may be awful but they're still miles better than Apogees :nono:

Rich-n-Texas
05-28-2008, 04:20 AM
ABC News is projecting RGA as the winner of the longest post election. :yesnod:

(Nice job maintaining your thread GM :rolleyes: )

GMichael
05-28-2008, 05:03 AM
And yet another needle is broken off my detector.

Rich-n-Texas
05-28-2008, 06:32 AM
j/k LOL

:smilewinkgrin:

I know, I'm a hypocrite, so sue me.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Get me off this list, RGA is the winner by fifty lengths!

GMichael
05-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Get me off this list, RGA is the winner by fifty lengths!
Dude. You got smoked!

05-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Dude. You got smoked!

But I'm not chicken or ribs:frown2:

Rich-n-Texas
05-28-2008, 10:15 AM
But I'm not chicken or ribs:frown2:
What a lame attempt at humor THAT was. :rolleyes:

We all know you're a half-smoked Cuban stogie.

05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
What a lame attempt at humor THAT was. :rolleyes:

We all know you're a half-smoked Cuban stogie.

I have been called many things, but never a half smoked cigar, and not from someone who drinks oil for breakfast, and takes baths in $1000 bills:ciappa:

GMichael
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I have been called many things, but never a half smoked cigar, and not from someone who drinks oil for breakfast, and takes baths in $1000 bills:ciappa:
And now you have.

Rich-n-Texas
05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Ya can't say I'm not original. :biggrin5:

bobsticks
05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Looks like Big-Daddy T is trying to mount a comeback...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?p=243026#post243026

basite
05-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Looks like Big-Daddy T is trying to mount a comeback...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?p=243026#post243026

...how long it took to type that post :D

what a comeback :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
05-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Judging by "I wonder... how long it took to type that post", I'm not even going to attempt to read it. I'm likely to fall asleep and miss lunch.

05-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Judging by "I wonder... how long it took to type that post", I'm not even going to attempt to read it. I'm likely to fall asleep and miss lunch.

There you go again Rich dude, always thinking about your stomach. :prrr:

05-30-2008, 03:30 PM

I type over 80wpm, so it doesn't take as long to type that post as you think. I made great money in college typing up papers for other students. I used to have to wait for word processors to catch up with me back in the day.

Woochifer
06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I type over 80wpm, so it doesn't take as long to type that post as you think. I made great money in college typing up papers for other students. I used to have to wait for word processors to catch up with me back in the day.

Looks like someone's figured out to vault to the top of a poll like this one ... my typing speed clocks out at 75 WPM. RGA's must be over 100 ... :cool:

P.S. Rich should know better than to mistake a Puerto Rican for a Cuban -- if he ever gets into salsa dancing, he'd better know if his partner's using Puerto Rican or Cuban timing!

Rich-n-Texas
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Wait a minute... Didn't he say somewhere along the line he was part Cuban? I'm sure of it.:idea:

Ya know, my niece is a salsa dancer. She's gone through quite a few losers...err... boyfriends that she's met through her Salsa dancing club.

Rich-n-Texas
06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Everytime I've tried to time myself while typing I wouldn't be able to see the seconds hand because it was moving too fast. :eek6:

06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Wait a minute... Didn't he say somewhere along the line he was part Cuban? I'm sure of it.:idea:

My mom is puerto rican, my dad half cuban and english. When I salsa, its all rican here. Wooch is right, Cubans and ricans timing with salsa is quite different.

Ya know, my niece is a salsa dancer. She's gone through quite a few losers...err... boyfriends that she's met through her Salsa dancing club.

Losers go to salsa dancing clubs to pick up women(Wooch actually goes to dance, that's a rarity with men). You niece ought to know deese tings. Tell jore niece that if she doesn't pick up trash, her fingers won't stink.($1000 to me Abuela, she has expensive taste)

Woochifer
06-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Salsa's the reason why I had a long standing rule against dating my dance partners! (Broke that rule "once" ten years ago with this cute swing dancer who now just happens to be my wife!)

Had some dates where the cosmos were perfectly aligned at the club, only to find that once we got away from the dance floor, I couldn't figure out if some of them could even form a complete thought! :confused: Others were just dates from hell. Worst part is that if things go south on a date, I also lost a good dance partner! :mad2:

My mom is puerto rican, my dad half cuban and english. When I salsa, its all rican here. Wooch is right, Cubans and ricans timing with salsa is quite different.

Yep, I was totally lost the first time I went to NYC. Thought I had a good enough repertoire courtesy of my former instructor in SF (http://www.alexdasilva.com) (who's since made it big down in L.A. -- he's now the Latin choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance). But, that whole Puerto Rican "on two" timing that dominates the NY scene threw me for a loop, and stubbing a couple of partners' toes quickly stranded me in the penalty box at the bar. Spent the rest of that trip hanging out with the swing dancers, since lindy hop doesn't have any incompatible ethnic variations that I'm aware of!

Losers go to salsa dancing clubs to pick up women(Wooch actually goes to dance, that's a rarity with men).

Ah, but it goes both ways! Thankfully, I used to almost always go salsa with a "trusted" group of women. We would run interference for one another, and they would either help me gain an entree with someone intriguing ... or steer me clear of someone they regarded as bad news (I didn't always go along with their judgment, but I will admit that their warning signs for psychobeechfromhell types were a lot more accurate than mine!).