Don't forget the safety meeting... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget the safety meeting...

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 07:36 AM
we will be discussing various OSHA approved ladders, safe vehicle use, etc.:

Rich-n-Texas
04-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Block out some time on my Outlook calendar. I'm the Employee Safety & Health coordinator for my team here at work. As well, I'm going to do some hedge trimming this weekend, so a good refresher will definately help. :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 07:44 AM
After a short break, we'll continue with how to secure a hole in the ground, proper A/C repair and more vehicle safety:

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
It seems like some of you need extra help with climbing and driving:

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 07:55 AM
we'll be joined next week by a special guest from the DMV. Plus, we'll discuss why safety awareness should start at an early age, particularly among males:

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Block out some time on my Outlook calendar. I'm the Employee Safety & Health coordinator for my team here at work. As well, I'm going to do some hedge trimming this weekend, so a good refresher will definately help. :thumbsup: :smilewinkgrin:

You can use the ladder-on-ladder method and trim the tree tops while you're at it.

Rich-n-Texas
04-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I'll have to buy another ladder because my 8' is aluminum but my 6' is wood. I think it would make the combination too top heavy right? :crazy:

Rich-n-Texas
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
There is no DMV in Texas. Don't believe me? Drive I-75 any time of the day. :eek:

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll have to buy another ladder because my 8' is aluminum but my 6' is wood. I think it would make the combination too top heavy right? :crazy:

no problem, Rich. Just try the flat-bed truck/ladder/hay bale/home-made scaffold method approved for all ages:

Rich-n-Texas
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Okay I did NOT stack those hay bales up by myself. JSE helped out.

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Okay I did NOT stack those hay bales up by myself. JSE helped out.

Oh, and don't try to catch the falling tree with your pickup truck

ForeverAutumn
04-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Those are great. I used to give seminars about disability insurance and I always started the seminar with a slideshow of similar pictures.

dean_martin
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Those are great. I used to give seminars about disability insurance and I always started the seminar with a slideshow of similar pictures.

I suspect these may have come from an insurance co. or insurance defense lawyer seminar. I'm on a couple of trial lawyer listserves. A couple of our zanier members known to infiltrate the "enemy's" camp post pics like these a couple times a year. I do a lot of workers' comp so the workplace ones are always of interest to me. I remember one showing a guy changing a light above an indoor pool. He was on an aluminum ladder placed in the shallow end. Yes, there was water in the pool. And then there was this worksite in Florida