paradigm monitor v.3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : paradigm monitor v.3

budgetaudio76
04-17-2008, 11:19 PM
any one have any experiance with these with a high power amp. i am using a hk avr 146 with these. lhow did you find the overall listening experiance. initial listening i noticed te yamaha ns 6490s had better imaging guitar had a more mettalic twang i guess due to the mid driver on the yams. but over all the paradigms have a better tone where the yams were brighter, almost hurts your ears with out being grating or harsh. i found these paradigms second hand for 224 dollars.....did i over pay? the tweeters are dented in by the surrounds but ill replace those. ive bein looking for a good deal on a pre/ power amp but will be awhile till i can purchase one. im listening to some jazz as im typing and over all i like these speakers. they got some bass when playing movies, bass guitars got some meat to it. :16:

over all they have a balanced sound although bas at the tuning frequency is mor pronounced than at upper bass frequecies but thats ok other wise might sound too bloated... maybe im wrong not sure. sometimes i find that im wrong more often than not.

budgetaudio76
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
by the way the hk avr146 is 40wpc in stereo mon us it alot for music 30 wpc in cinema mode.

budgetaudio76
04-20-2008, 01:18 AM
really loven these speakers...but they tend to keep me up at night ...so i can listen with out kids interupting. im eating my words about them not imaging well.

N. Abstentia
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Great speakers, and that's not really a lot of power. They will handle up to 180 so they can take around 5 times as much as you've got. Plus you'd be surprised if you saw how many watts you're really using..I'll bet you never use over 15 watts anyway.

budgetaudio76
04-28-2008, 12:07 AM
well i found out how much the fixing the tweeters are going to set me back...to the tune of 170 dollars shipped from paradigm, or if i can just replace the dome it would be just 90 dollars. i hope it will be worth it i could buy brand used speakers for that sum of money. but i like these.

budgetaudio76
04-29-2008, 10:42 PM
these speaks are great for acoustical music drums, bass guitar, man ya atta hear the sax played, cymbal cycling through its paces, ya khow any good violin recordings? rarely hear them in music choice. ny kids are really loven them as well sometimes they would say woah after some songs are played which they didnt do with the other speaks i own. the younger one does like the old marantzspeakers for games though.:9: