Jack Benny TV shows. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jack Benny TV shows.

Smokey
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Walmart is carrying Best of Jack Benny TV shows (50s/60s) in their bargain bin for $5, and it is an amazing collection of 41 full episodes TV shows on 4 DVDs complete with Lucky Star commercial.

Each episode start with Benny side cracking monologue. And then on to comedy sketches, musicals numbers, routines and live on the spot Benny’s humor and it seems almost every Hollywood, radio and TV star shows up on Jack's show.

For example in one of musical numbers, we see Liberace with his glamorous outfit playing grand piano with silk curtains and candle light every where. And then all of sudden a country Bongo player with straw hat enter the scene and star playing and singing with Liberace. It was the funniest thing I seen on TV :D

Picture quality on DVD range form good to average on some episodes, yet it is not too bothersome. Here is the cover of DVD if interested:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51D9s3kqBJL._SS500_.jpg

Rich-n-Texas
04-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Why am I not surprised there's no participation here Smokey? The Jack Benny show even pre-dates me, so you must be REALLY old! :smilewinkgrin:

I'll bet you miss PeruvianSkies too don't ya?

Smokey
04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
To tell you the truth, I wasn’t even born while that show was on and this is the first time I seen Benny’s TV show in its entirety. It is a laugh riot especially when Bob Hope and Benny get together.

I'll bet you miss PeruvianSkies too don't ya?

Yes I do, at least in FF forum. This place need as much traffic as it can get and he came up with good movie subjects now and then. If it wasn't for the Lost thread, this place pretty much would have been a ghost town.

Rich-n-Texas
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
To tell you the truth, I wasn’t even born while that show was on and this is the first time I seen Benny’s TV show in its entirety. It is a laugh riot especially when Bob Hope and Benny get together.
Ya know what's funny? My nieces who are 23, 25 & 27 now, used to sit, three feet away from the TV, eyes focused like laser beams, watching episode after episode of "I Love Lucy". This was when they were 10 - 13 years old. The strange thing is, they didn't laugh at any of Lucy's antics. They just sat there and stared.

Yes I do, at least in FF forum. This place need as much traffic as it can get and he came up with good movie subjects now and then. If it wasn't for the Lost thread, this place pretty much would have been a ghost town.
I know what ya mean friend. He certainly always had something to talk about.