harman kardon hk 970 + hd 970 + ??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : harman kardon hk 970 + hd 970 + ???

sea bass
04-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Hello all. My system consists of hk 970 and hd 970 which are paired with jbl es 30 speakers and connected with cardas crosslink cables. In my 20 ( 5 x 4 ) they are placed near wider wall. i decided to change the jbls, because their sound paired with hk is a bit to agressive when I listen to electronic music( tech-house, minimal house). Im about to purchase a floorstanding speakers, and the result Im hoping for is slowing down HK 970s, perhaps giving them a bit more warmth in sound. The choice of speakers shortened to following: dali ikon 6 or concept 6 or any other dali fllorstander,athena as-fi, wharfedale diamond 9.5, b&w 603 or 684 and kef iq 5,chosen due to position of bass reflex. The music I mostly listen is as mentioned(house), classical music, sometimes jazz, 80s, french chansone etc... . I guess my first choice at the moment is Kef.Any recommendations?

Thanks

pkl75
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello, which speakers did you choose? I have the same question, the same H/K setup but do not know which speakers to get for them.

Asterix77
06-30-2008, 01:54 PM
If you think about the KEF IQ5 you should also have a look at the Monitor Audio BR5.
Same leage and it has a good review in "WHAT HIFI?" in a head to head with the KEF's.
I can say they sound transparent, good bass. Excellent for classical music.
If you can find a dealer nearby I would say go listen to them...it's the only way to make up your mind after all.

JerryC
09-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Hello all. My system consists of hk 970 and hd 970 which are paired with jbl es 30 speakers and connected with cardas crosslink cables. In my 20 ( 5 x 4 ) they are placed near wider wall. i decided to change the jbls, because their sound paired with hk is a bit to agressive when I listen to electronic music( tech-house, minimal house). Im about to purchase a floorstanding speakers, and the result Im hoping for is slowing down HK 970s, perhaps giving them a bit more warmth in sound. The choice of speakers shortened to following: dali ikon 6 or concept 6 or any other dali fllorstander,athena as-fi, wharfedale diamond 9.5, b&w 603 or 684 and kef iq 5,chosen due to position of bass reflex. The music I mostly listen is as mentioned(house), classical music, sometimes jazz, 80s, french chansone etc... . I guess my first choice at the moment is Kef.Any recommendations?

Thanks I'd suggest you trying B&W (from different classes) because of their "musical" character which should soften your sources. Parallel solution woiuld be some experiments with cables, looking for more neutral than your Cardas. As to Dali floorstanders I have not enough experience, but some of Dali speakers will be good!

JerryC
09-13-2008, 04:29 AM
I'd suggest you trying B&W (from different classes) because of their "musical" character which should soften your sources. Parallel solution woiuld be some experiments with cables, looking for more neutral than your Cardas. As to Dali floorstanders I have not enough experience, but some of Dali speakers will be worth listening to, but I prefer their monitors!