What are you doing on Record Store Day? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on Record Store Day?

Swish
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Or didn't you know there was such a thing? Well, there really is, although I don't think we get the day off or have to buy anyone a gift or send cards. Maybe just show up at your favorite independent record store and buy something on April 19th.

Me? Probably going to try to make it to Main Street Music in Manayunk. They're going to have beer for one thing, and 'Swinging Londoner Kate Nash' will be there at 3:00 to play a few songs and sign a few autographs. Enough said.

Read all about it at http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home.

I am Swish and I approve this message.

Slosh
04-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Oops, guess I jumped the gun a little. Had a few gift certs burning a hole in my pocket (ancient Chinese proverb: Man with hole in pocket feels a little cocky all day) so I picked up Clinic - Do It! and Tapes 'n Tapes - Walk It Off. T'nT is kinda meh but still enough good songs to make it worthwhile but Clinic is very good, providing you like Clinic in the first place.

NP: (new Melvins - Nude With Boots due out July 8th - me likey)

Finch Platte
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Supposed to be hecka free stuff, according to a mag I picked up at the Local Record Shoppe, so I'll be in line before it opens. This will be right after I get back from standing in line for free sh!t from our new REI that's opening.

Maybe I can get enough swag to make another one of my famous-for-sucking comps! :yikes:

And what was wrong with the last one, I ast ya? There were 3 discs, and there should have been something for everyone on it. You guys are just too closed-minded. :yesnod: :out:

elf pee

nobody
04-16-2008, 12:39 PM
The 2 biggest record stores in town are both having all day outdoor concerts with DJs spinning inside and all sorts of giveaways and all that. Haven't decided which one to check out yet though. They both go on pretty much all day though, so maybe I'll just swing by both.

Rae
04-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Paying down previously accumulated debt.

~Rae

jonnyhambone
04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
went out and picked up Black Keys 'Attack and Release' and Sufjan Stevens 'Come On...Feel the Illinoise!' Both nice vinyl copies and the Black Keys even came w/ an actual copy of the cd...plus it touted itself as being created at half-speed for ultra-audiophile goodness. Don't know how Wow that really is but it does sound really good and, in a side-by-side, it blows the cd away. Wifey picked up the new Gnarls Barkley cd which is pretty good from the few songs I heard on the drive home.
Score = Indy record store - 3, jonnyhambone - in the hole but feeling pretty good 'bout it.

Finch Platte
04-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Ha! What a joke. I was there when the store opened, and it looked like business as usual. When I asked at the register if they were doing anything special for the day, they had to call the manager & find out what was going on!

When all was said & done, they had huge plastic bags waiting for customers who made purchases. I got outside & opened mine, only to find 1 Fontana records CD, 4 pieces of candy & a postcard. :mad5:

Laaaaame!

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/4/21/t_Swagm_b793b9e.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/21/f_Swagm_b793b9e.jpg&srv=img32)

el finch