Best of Die Hard Movies. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best of Die Hard Movies.

Smokey
04-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Well, finally got to see last installment of Die Hard movies Live Free or Die Hard, and must say the jury still out as how it stand to other three die hard movies. The reviews seem to be mix on this movie too and found review of Lawrence Toppman of The Charlotte Observer most humorous as he called John McClane in DH4 "just a bald Terminator with better one liners".

So it beg the question as which of four Die Hard movies you think is the best?

I go with Die Hard 2 as the best in the series as it not only had good story with a twist, but also interesting supporting actors such as John Amos as army major and Lerenzo as airport police.

Yippie Ki-Yay motherfu*er! :D

http://www.theppc.com/silverscreen/uploaded_images/2sheetB_notype-788409.jpg

sgt bass08
04-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Man die hard 2 was insane but i aslo like die hard 4.0 i never new it was called Live Free or Die Hard.but im going to choose die hard (1988) 40 Stories Of Sheer Adventure a true classic Yippie Ki-Yay motherfu*er! .

thekid
04-13-2008, 07:44 AM
Well it looks like my vote makes it 2 to 1 for the original. Simple story, somewhat believable and clever quips. After that they just got a little more strained IMO.

Smokey
04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys. Somehow knew I might be in the minority here :)

Have the first three movies on DVD and must admit first die hard is very engaging, but seem to be reaching for DH2 more often than the other two in the series. I find the characters in DH2 more entertaining although the story don’t measure up the first one.

3-LockBox
04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I gotta go with the original, because of the surprise factor, in that it was the first movie with Bruce Willis I ever saw that didn't suck hard. I don't care for the other ones.

Really, I was blown away by the first one, but found myself anticipating every move on the next 2. My wife bought the latest one on DVD, and I have yet to watch it.

I saw the first Die Hard on VHS a year after it was out of the theaters, and was thoroughly engaged in the movie from beginning to end, which surprised me because Willis was in a few stinkers before that, and he was just coming off his TV show, Moonlighting, a show that started off okay, but proceeded to insult the intelligence of its audience after one season. Then he made that album...who told this guy he could sing...Don Johnson?

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Smokey
04-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Then he made that album...who told this guy he could sing...Don Johnson?

I knew Don Johnson had an album out, but didn’t know Bruce made one also. And sure enough, it is on Amazon. The samples songs from that album sound alright, but as one reviewer asked, “why?”

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B2CX7EEYL._SL500_AA240_.jpg