Sennheiser PC150 or Panasonic RP-HTX7? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sennheiser PC150 or Panasonic RP-HTX7?

Triple_Dude
04-12-2008, 03:47 PM
So I found two "potential" headphones to get (First pair of actual headphones I'll be buying... Wow, I can't believe I've been using earphones for my entire life until now for portable audio listening. And when I mean my "entire life", I mean from back in the tape-player Walkman ages!), and I'm having a lot of trouble finding "professional" reviews that compare the two side by side (they're probably in two different leagues...).

The first one is the Sennheiser PC150 Or the PC1151 as they're lovingly called here in Canada; don't ask why they change the name of the product :p. I noticed that the higher notes (treble, is it called?) is a bit... muffled? It's sort of muddy. I'm no audiophile, so I have no idea how to describe it... All I know is that my previous earphones sounded better (And provide better noise isolation, to boot). I'm currently trying them out (The return policy is only 15 days! So please reply quickly, for those of you that want to help a fellow lost audio-soul :lol:!).

Now, bass, that's a whole different story. For a headphone of its size, it had better deliver some good bass! And it does. Haven't heard this kind of good bass on-the-go since the time I borrowed a friend's headphones.

I'm wondering what you guys' more "professional" opinion is on this headphone as opposed to the Panasonic RP-HTX7.

Just to be fair, the Sennheiser doesn't enclose the ears and isolate noise (well, not as well), so it loses some brownie points from me in that respect (I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the ear-enclosing RP-HTX7 will offer better noise isolation... but that's just a clueless assumption from a non-audiophile ;)). It also hurts my ears, since it clamps down on them--something I'm going to, again, "assume' that the RP-HTX7 doesn't do (correct me if I'm wrong, though)

At the end of the day, I want clear crisp sound (or as clear and crisp as possible at the price range I'm looking at, which is 39.99 and 29.99 for the Sennheiser PC150 and the RP-HTX7, respectively, as they're currently on sale) and comfort... The mic that the PC150 includes, I could do without, as my laptop already has built in mic that I'm already using to chat with my friends. I'll be using this to listen to music, play games and to watch some movies.

So, with that said, which one would be a better buy?

Note: I wear glasses, so would the ear-enclosing RP-HTX7 impede?

EDIT: One thing I like to mention is that I like the bass level of the PC150. I do NOT like over powering bass; I like to have a balanced level of sound throughout the entire spectrum. From some of the amazon user reviews, it seems like the RP-HTX7 has really strong bass--or it could just be them speaking relative to whatever else they've owned before hand... So if anyone has hands on (err, "ears" on) experience with both, please tell me which one has the more "natural" sounding bass (as well as best "overall" sound). Thanks!