PDA

View Full Version : Cat Listening Styles

E-Stat
04-12-2008, 07:23 AM
NEAR FIELD

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rhw/audio/near.jpg

FAR FIELD

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rhw/audio/far.jpg

Favorite? It seems Zoe prefers the far field approach. :)

rw

filecat13
04-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Cute. Looks like Zoe's thinking you're kind of annoying when she's in the far field position.

Man, that's a lot of doors in the garage, plus a flight of stairs. Very intriguing. What's behind door #3? (for Monty Hall fans)

E-Stat
04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Looks like Zoe's thinking you're kind of annoying when she's in the far field position.
All people are an annoyance to her on some level. Yes, she tolerates the pics when she is aware I'm doing that. :)

Man, that's a lot of doors in the garage, plus a flight of stairs. Very intriguing. What's behind door #3? (for Monty Hall fans)
The left-most doorway leads to the breezeway that separates the house from the detached garage. Doors 2 & 3 are closets for miscellaneous garage stuff. The audio gear lives behind door # 2. Upstairs is Zoe's bedroom and audio box / crate storage. The crates for the U-1s resemble coffins.

rw

Rich-n-Texas
04-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Cute. Looks like Zoe's thinking you're kind of annoying when she's in the far field position.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing...

Why the f*** don't you just leave me alone bird brain? :mad:

And how the HE!! do you know whether I like listening close up or far away??? Are you some kinda cat mind reader? GET LOST!!!

:1:

pixelthis
04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
MY PARENTS HAVE CATS,
and you are a typical "cat person"
Want to teach a cat ten tricks?
Find ten that look alike, and teach each one something different.
Cats sleep 75% of the time, which qualifies them for throwpillow status.
Trust me, the only thing shes thinking is that you need to cut those noisemakers OFF
so she can get some sleep:1:

E-Stat
04-13-2008, 05:22 AM
MY PARENTS HAVE CATS,
Actually, its the wife who got the cat. I just entertain her in the garage.

Trust me, the only thing shes thinking is that you need to cut those noisemakers OFF
Yep, they do sleep a lot. During the day, however, she does like to listen. But, if I'm playing the system in the evening after about 9, she will come down and kick me out. :)

rw

basite
04-13-2008, 07:05 AM
MY PARENTS HAVE CATS,
Want to teach a cat ten tricks?
Find ten that look alike, and teach each one something different.

my cat could spend days and days long listening to music right next to me.

Rich-n-Texas
04-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Here's Louise about to jump 5 feet in the air as I push the power button on the remote. :ihih:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/Home%20Theater%20photos/LFrontandCCposition3.jpg

audio amateur
04-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Here's Louise about to jump 5 feet in the air as I push the power button on the remote. :ihih:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/rich3fan/Home%20Theater%20photos/LFrontandCCposition3.jpg
son of a... lol

pixelthis
04-14-2008, 12:40 AM

its been my experience that cats and speakers dont mix.
Might want to think about putting those grills back on

O'Shag
04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Rich - system's lookin good. I need a garage like that Estat.

topspeed
04-15-2008, 08:41 AM
I can't believe you actually have acoustic treatments in your garage! You've got more diffusers in your garage than most members have in their house! :lol: Mmmmmmm...stacked Advents...

Big props for owning the car with the greatest shifter ever conceived by man. Why every other manufacturer doesn't reverse engineer the S2K's stick, I haven't a clue. Incredibly, ridiculously short throws. You don't shift it, you just think about the next gear and it magically goes there. Great, great, great car!

Rich-n-Texas
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Rich - system's lookin good. I need a garage like that Estat.
Thanks O'Shag. I've actually reversed the entire layout since that picture. Everything's on the opposite wall now and more furniture is in place. Pictures someday.

E-Stat
04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I can't believe you actually have acoustic treatments in your garage! You've got more diffusers in your garage than most members have in their house! :lol:
They're actually door mats. :) Cheap and effective, but there is still some slap echo in there.

Mmmmmmm...stacked Advents...
Nostalgia for what I was using in 1973. I've rebuilt the crossovers, rewired them and added damping rings for the tweeters. This system supports the value of the front end / amplification chain over the speaker argument. While they are still a bit colored, they resolve exceptionally well given the chance.

Big props for owning the car with the greatest shifter ever conceived by man... Incredibly, ridiculously short throws.
Honda has always done very well with their shifters. The one in the TL is pretty close, if not requiring a bit more throw. You can't shift by wrist alone.

rw

GMichael
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Our cat (Tigger) has a few favorite listening positions. Sometimes she sits about 8 feet in front of the mains, half way in-between. But most of the time, she likes sitting near the sub. That is until something blows up. Then she's a grey blur flying into the bedroom. For some reason, she keeps going back to the same place though.

audio amateur
04-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Big props for owning the car with the greatest shifter ever conceived by man. Why every other manufacturer doesn't reverse engineer the S2K's stick, I haven't a clue. Incredibly, ridiculously short throws. You don't shift it, you just think about the next gear and it magically goes there. Great, great, great car!
Yeah it's pretty slick, I'll have to check it out again at the next Geneva Auto Show. Sadly that's next march:(

pixelthis
04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah it's pretty slick, I'll have to check it out again at the next Geneva Auto Show. Sadly that's next march:(

I like your avatar , pretty much says it all.

Johnny Carson was talking once about the ass of a long forgotten starlet,
about how fat it had gotten.
Said it "looked like a bag of kittens heading for the river" :1: