Monster Cable suing Blue Jeans Cable? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cable suing Blue Jeans Cable?

markw
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
As if Monster doesn't already have enough litigious trespasses already, now they want to stifle the competition for simply offering a lower cost alternative.

While I'm not normally one to post a link to another forum, I think the meat of this thread deserves some attention. I do have the admin's permission (from there) to post this link and it does contain direct responses from the owner of Blue Jeans Cable, a lawyer. They both want this situation out in the open and for as many people as possible to be aware of it.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43065

Rich-n-Texas
04-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I need an additional Component Video cable. Think I'll go over to BJC and buy one. :thumbsup:

basite
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
'bjc violated the design patents from monster cable'...

I can't see any special way of designing in a monster cable, none. Monster is as basic as it gets.

oh, and since when is it prohibited to offer something better at a lower cost? or at a higher cost?

I hope this BS is ended really soon...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Rich-n-Texas
04-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Us Americans really LOVE suing each other Bert. We're quite preoccupied with it. Justifies the existance of lawyers. :yesnod:

filecat13
04-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Noel Lee (Monster boss) like to portray himself as a nice guy, but the actions of his legal department tell us more about him than any PR moves he makes. I hope BJC rips him a new one on this.

jamison
04-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Funny I had been thinking about upgrading to some XLR Cables between my amp and preamp... this cinched the deal... I ordered 5 male to female XLR Cables from blue jeans.
Im also gonna ebay my Monster HTS-3500 power center as i dont use it because I cant stand hearing the relay Hum