would it hurt my subs amp if i... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : would it hurt my subs amp if i...

budgetaudio76
04-09-2008, 08:39 PM
use both the line level and the speaker level at the same time? tis with the front speakers set to large and the sub out on as well. what if the signals from sp. level and line level are over lapped? is an overload possible?

E-Stat
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
is an overload possible?
A better question is why do you want to do that? Pick whichever connection works the best for your arrangement. I prefer using line outs because I can pipe the signal through my EQ to flatten out the room response. Speaker level inputs are there for those who don't have access to line outs.

rw

budgetaudio76
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
well lemme think for aminute .... for music id liike them in stereo, for movies idlike to use the lfe output, and be able to adjust output using the reciever as wel as set the mains to small and use the subs for low freqs the upper freqs sound more dynamic with the small setting. i do like them wired in stereo, id like to use the adjustability of my reciever. output is good as it is i guess im being bored. so if anyone tried out the use of both inputs on a sub please post so. any info is much appreciated. some times i feel like im stuck between a bass guitar and violin... whatever that means just came to mind while typing

markw
04-11-2008, 04:41 AM
You might want to pose this question to the manufacturer of the sub itself. They know more about it than we do.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the sub will be receiving input from both the line-level inputs and the speaker level inputs simultaneously. How will it know which to use?

budgetaudio76
04-11-2008, 07:03 AM
You might want to pose this question to the manufacturer of the sub itself. They know more about it than we do.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the sub will be receiving input from both the line-level inputs and the speaker level inputs simultaneously. How will it know which to use?

didnt think about that one ill pose that questin to them when i have the time to do so. thank you mark and e stat.

nightflier
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes, you could over-drive the amp during bass-heavy passages on both. And like MarkW said, the sub has no way to switch between the two inputs. You would be better off using an external input switch, the kind you can buy at RS for $30.

budgetaudio76
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
thankyou nightflyer ill look into that as well.