Anyone have Deadsoul Tribe? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Deadsoul Tribe?

Mr Peabody
04-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I bought my first from them, Lullaby For The Devil. My impression is these guys have talent but could use a better engineer in the studio to give them a cleaner sound. They have a lot going on though. This particular album is very versatile. It's difficult to compare them to any one band but you can hear influences of many. They are Prog and for the most part heavy. Some songs remind me of a heavier Deep Purple, some a more Progressive Tool, some must be their own because I can't lay blame. The album has several strong tracks. One of my favorites is an instrumental with lead flute, this isn't a lullaby, it rocks. Again, another band I know nothing about but wanted to try. I also have Murder of Crows on my list. So if anyone else if hip tell me what you have and think of the band.

Mr Peabody
04-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I always seem to do things backward. After looking at the disc I now see that although the name has "tribe" in it, this is basically a one man band, Devon Graves. He does everything except drums which if I remember correctly on this album is Adel Mustafa. My hat is off to this guy he does all the guitars, most vocals, bass and phenominal flute, what a talent. He even did the illustrations.

3-LockBox
04-09-2008, 09:42 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Dead Sould Tribe has been around a while. Try Murder Of Crows next. Its excellent, but different from the new one.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>