Pregame toonage, or how to make this thread relevant [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pregame toonage, or how to make this thread relevant

Jim Clark
04-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, Jayhawk Country is amped up and ready for the throw down. Out to grab a little KC barbecue (not that watered down, vinegary, pulled pork crap that passes for barbecue in North Carolina, also not the smokeless dried out crap that passes for ribs in Memphis. OK, Corky's ain't bad but that Rendevous place blows!) then settle in and see what happens.

Memphis is a lot better than I gave them credit for. My bad and my mistake really killed my bracket. I need a new Championship t-shirt, after 20 years my old one is a bit thin!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

Oh yeah, that new b-52's will do nicely for my pregame listening. Not as bad as you may have been led to believe!

jc

3-LockBox
04-07-2008, 02:39 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

What does rock, chalk, Jayhawk mean?

Barbeque smack talk?

Jim, it ain't working.

Interior game goes to KU, perimeter goes to MU. Memphis has more stamina for the fast-paced game. KU did ok against NC for 15 minutes then hit a brick wall and came close to infamy. It should be one of the more entertaining finals in a long time.

Go Tigers.

KC barbeque is all sauce.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jim Clark
04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

Barbeque smack talk?

Jim, it ain't working.

Interior game goes to KU, perimeter goes to MU. Memphis has more stamina for the fast-paced game. KU did ok against NC for 15 minutes then hit a brick wall and came close to infamy. It should be one of the more entertaining finals in a long time.

Go Tigers.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

It's the smoke baby. Sauce is the icing.

Speaking of...up at the half!

BTW, did you miss the last 10 minutes of the semi? Looks like it.

I've done the Rock Chalk history before, I guess you fell asleep at the back of the class!

jc

Jim Clark
04-07-2008, 07:52 PM

Barbeque smack talk?

Jim, it ain't working.

Go Tigers.

ummm, you were saying???

jc

3-LockBox
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Well, that sucked. Good game. Memphis had their chances but they choked at the foul line.

Oh well, better luck next 35 years Memphis.

Kansas has a good team and they got no props all tournament. Now they got a trophy. But I'm good. As long as neither NC, Duke nor UCLA are in it, I'll watch it. This is the first time I've watched a championship game is ages.

3-LockBox
04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
ummm, you were saying???

Sorry Jim, I just don't have any barbeque smack to throw down. Up in the Pacific NW, barbeque isn't something you eat, its something you cook hamburgers on (not joking). Pulled pork takes on a whole different connotation up here.

Jim Clark
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Sorry Jim, Pulled pork takes on a whole different connotation up here.

now that's a classic.

jc

MindGoneHaywire
04-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Congrats Jim!

Jim Clark
04-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Congrats Jim!

Yeah, like I had something to do with it : )

I guess I did wear my lucky shirt!

Living in Kansas we don't actually have too much to cheer for. Royals - Missouri, Chiefs - Missouri. Even if they do somehow happen to have good years and they are the local team it's not really Kansas.

jc

Mr MidFi
04-08-2008, 09:00 AM
That was a hell of a game, man. I almost turned the teevee off with about 2:30 left and Memphis up by 9. Glad I didn't.

You gots to earn it at the charity stripe, baby!

Finch Platte
04-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, Jayhawk Country is amped up and ready for the throw down. Out to grab a little KC barbecue (not that watered down, vinegary, pulled pork crap that passes for barbecue in North Carolina, also not the smokeless dried out crap that passes for ribs in Memphis. OK, Corky's ain't bad but that Rendevous place blows!) then settle in and see what happens.

Memphis is a lot better than I gave them credit for. My bad and my mistake really killed my bracket. I need a new Championship t-shirt, after 20 years my old one is a bit thin!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

Oh yeah, that new b-52's will do nicely for my pregame listening. Not as bad as you may have been led to believe!

jc

English, please!!

fp