Question on a Subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Subwoofer

PAOGORMAN2001
04-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Yesterday I had my speakers rewired to my amp with a better grade and gauge wire.
The tecnician who did it said that I would be better off and have less of wires with a line level connection to my sub( Boston Acoustics PV 700 200 watt powered sub) instead of the speaker wire connections.
I went with his suggestion but now I find that I have to turn the volume up on the sub to almost the 2 o'clock position where when it was wired through the speaker wire connections 10 oclock was the max that I needed. I did notice that the sub seems to be just picking up the lowest frequencies now more .

Am I worried about nothing? Why the big swing in volume adjustment needed. Crossover is set at 60 and the position of the sub did not change. The sub interconnect is 5' Audioquest

Thanks Pogo

Luvin Da Blues
04-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Don't give it another thought. You're feeding the sub with 2 completely separate types of signals.

Does that Nad Preamp have a sub output, this would explain the the crossover freq. to the sub.

PAOGORMAN2001
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the reponse

I'm using the "Preamp 2" Jacks to the sub with a RCA splitter two wire to one so it will go into the sub.