I have $2000 to spend on a system. is this Klipsch speaker system a good deal? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have $2000 to spend on a system. is this Klipsch speaker system a good deal?

jb5150
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
What do you guys think of this bestbuy.ca deal I found?

Klipsch synergy f1 2 way floorstanding tower speakers, S1 2 way bookshelf speakers, 10" powdered woofer (synergy sub-10), and 2-way Center channel (Synergy C1)

for $1000? Would this be a good purchase with let's say a denon or yamaha amp?

blackraven
04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Put together an infinity Beta or Primus system or a PSB system. PSB alpha B's with a nice sub www.audiophileliquidator.net or www.saturdayaudio.com
Also look at the Monitor Audio B1's and B2's at saturdayaudio.

blackraven
04-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Saturday audio has the Monitor Audio B2's on sale for $279 pr and the B1's for $199 with the center channel on sale for $179. $558 gets you a better system, and they have PSB
Alpha Zeroi sub for sale for $199, That leaves you about $250 for a receiver or cables, wires, speaker stands.

mfk3
04-05-2008, 08:07 PM

Klipsch synergy f1 2 way floorstanding tower speakers, S1 2 way bookshelf speakers, 10" powdered woofer (synergy sub-10), and 2-way Center channel (Synergy C1)

Yea, this will do nicely if you hve the room and an understanding SO (significant other). The rule is if it sounds good to you than it is good for you.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM

I love horn speakers as you can see in my sig, I especially love Klipsch speakers. But I cannot give the synergy series the thumbs up. While the series sounds better than the previous offerings by Klipsch, it does not sound nearly as good as the reference line. I still found the sound harsh at high volumes, and imaging is not nearly as good from these speakers than what you can find in the cheapest speaker in the reference series.

Besides, nobody wants a sub that powders itself:biggrin5:

RoadRunner6
04-07-2008, 01:54 PM
:ciappa: Sir Terrence, that was terrible!

blackraven
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
If you want horns, you may want to look at the all in one system from HSU. Although I have never personally heard this system, but they make darn good subs.

stidwyk
04-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm no speaker pro, but I just was in BB and listened to the Synergy III's they had, and I liked them a lot. I noticed the center channel as well sounded good. Where others said they sounded harsh, I thought they sounded crisp.

nightflier
04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm no speaker pro, but I just was in BB and listened to the Synergy III's they had, and I liked them a lot. I noticed the center channel as well sounded good. Where others said they sounded harsh, I thought they sounded crisp.

If you liked those, then the reference series will be music to your ears. You could probably buy comparable Reference series used for less than the Synergy III new.

And if you have to buy from BB, make sure you don't buy an opened box, or worse yet, a showroom model.

stidwyk
04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
If you liked those, then the reference series will be music to your ears. You could probably buy comparable Reference series used for less than the Synergy III new.

And if you have to buy from BB, make sure you don't buy an opened box, or worse yet, a showroom model.

Yeah, when I listened to them they were right next to these Sony's that I've been looking at on Amazon just because they're so cheap, and I still want to go back and see if the Klipsch's were set to higher levels than the Sony's, because the difference was night and day. The Sony's sounded like they were playing through mud.

juggalojeff
04-14-2008, 06:36 AM
just bought the reference82's and the rc52center.WOW! the sounds i never heard before.i only have 1 step left and that is to get the rears replaced with the rs42's and ill be complete,asside from getting more power to them.the sensitivity of these things is awsome i was so worried of not having enough power until the reciever was upgraded but i was wrong.sound great for music or movies 2ch or 5.1 but they definetly need the sub to back them up if you like to FEEL THE BASS.