cd player analog output [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cd player analog output

Atheis
04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I have a question for the cd player analog output, which allow the cd player pass the signal to a system (1 amplifier & 2 speakers). Now I have 2 systems that I put them together, and I want the cd player to be able to pass the signal through the analog to both systems. But my cd player has one pair of analog output only, is there a double adapter can to the job?
Why I do this, there are 2 purposes:
- my 2 set of systems have different personalities, especially one is tube. So I can easily choose which set I want to listen, or compare them easily, instead of unplug-plug-unplug-plug all the time which is not convenient.
- I can play the both system in the same time, which creates more air & more space & richer in sound.
My old cd player has 2 sets of analog so I used to do this...I just upgraded with a new cd player, but there is only one set of analog output.
I also concern if the double adapter would reduce the quality of sound or not?
Anyone can give some advise? thanks.

blackraven
04-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Check out these products from niles audio http://nilesaudio.com

SAS-1
PS-1
AXP-1

These may work and are high quality, but I dont know how splitting the signal will work. I imagine it may cause some problems. Maybe others have more knowlege about this.

markw
04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Radio Shack (and others) used to make simple audio input selectors that sold for $20 or less. If you can find one of these, connecting it in reverse (multi in/single out) might do just what you want.

If worse comes to worse, a pair of MMF "Y" adapters can be picked up for about $5.00 or so. Why not give 'em a try and see how they work out? If they don't work out, take 'em back.

blackraven
04-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I think if your just using 1 system at a time you will be ok splitting the signal. And radio shack does carry audio input selectors and you can also use gaming selectors that have inputs so you can select among different gaming consoles for 1 TV. We use one for my sons systems, they cost around $25. The Nile's selectors would be of much better quality and cost alot more. I dont know if they would sound better or not, but they are meant for high end audio..

Meddle
04-04-2008, 01:52 PM
How about an off-board DAC? Does the player have digital out jacks?

Ajani
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
What setups do you have? Do either of them have tape loop outputs or additional preamp outputs? You might be able to connect the cd player to one setup and connect the tape loop out of that preamp/receiver into the other setup.

hermanv
04-04-2008, 09:29 PM
One other possibility is to use the tape monitor jack on one system (assuming at least one system has tape monitor) to provide the input to the second system.

Two drawbacks:
1. The unused system probably needs to be powered up (except for a passive pre).
2. The system with the tape monitor jack may color the sound to the second system.

martin89
05-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi sorry I connot help you because I don't have any idea about cd player analog output!!!!.

Good luck!

winston
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
hi atheis why dont get you two high performance y adaptor from monster 40 bucks should do the job good luck

Mr Peabody
05-03-2008, 05:39 PM
It sounded to me after reading the OP that he listens to both systems at the same time. If so, and one is tube, I wonder how he balances everything out. Maybe a better option would be to check out some hybrid gear from the likes of Vincent Audio, I believe Jolida and Shanling also offer a few pieces. Or, a high quality surround processor where the multichannel and DSP modes could provide what he is craving.

markw
05-05-2008, 08:07 AM
hi atheis why dont get you two high performance y adaptor from monster 40 bucks should do the job good luckActually, a pair of standard "Y" connectors will do the same job just as well for about $10/pair.

monster does produce decent stuff but it's waaaaaaaaaaay overpriced for what it is.

hermanv
05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
You probably will want a male to two females. This one is $2.99

https://www.cablesforless.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=647

You can search the net for "audio Y adapters" and spend much more, I probably would, but we all know I'm nuts.