Dual Banana Plugs Idiot Proof....HELP. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dual Banana Plugs Idiot Proof....HELP.

ThreeDHomer
03-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Ok, so I bought some dual Banana Plugs, but really see no way of connecting wire to them. There just seems to be a cone shaped recepticle behind the actual gold plugs. Someone please tell me what I am missing here. Is this a good enough description? I bought them just to see if there was a difference against bare wire connection.

omikey
03-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Ok, so I bought some dual Banana Plugs, but really see no way of connecting wire to them. There just seems to be a cone shaped recepticle behind the actual gold plugs. Someone please tell me what I am missing here. Is this a good enough description? I bought them just to see if there was a difference against bare wire connection.
OK, here's my 2cents on this. Purely from nowhere .... but sound through wire is just like electricy ... given that you believe in this. Connection through banna plugs would or could only be better if you were to solder the wire into the banana plug to reduce the resistance as much as possible.
Most of the signal is lost in loose connections. So if you only screw the wire into the banana plug, then use the banana plug to connect to the post on the receiver or speaker you have one more connection in the line, more lost signal.

IMHO the only reason to use a banana plug would be for ease of use ... if you were connecting up lots of equipment and taking it down all the time you would want a plug on the end of the wire, otherwise hook it directly and leave it

pelly3s
03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
in that "cone shaped recepticle" there is a small set screw and just before that part there is a hole where the wire is supposed to go. just loosen the set screw then put the wires in and tighten them down and remember the side with the tab is negative.

Worf101
03-06-2004, 09:11 AM
in that "cone shaped recepticle" there is a small set screw and just before that part there is a hole where the wire is supposed to go. just loosen the set screw then put the wires in and tighten them down and remember the side with the tab is negative.

Just what Pelly said. There's got to be screws around there somewhere... look fer em and get a jewelwers or eye glass screwdriver and have at it. Word of caution DONT screw those little screws all the way out. If they fall out somewere and get lost you're f**ked but good, and theyr'e a ***** to put back in if you do find em.

Da Worfster :o

ThreeDHomer
03-06-2004, 09:37 AM
And yes the reason I was thinking to use them is ease of use...Redoing my room, and my speakers are all on Brackets now, and my arms only bend so far to tighten wires in. I will have to dig up a Little Me Screwdriver and see what I think! Thanks guys!