Receivers that compare with Yamaha RX-V1300 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Receivers that compare with Yamaha RX-V1300

kexodusc
03-06-2004, 06:31 AM
With the end of the first fiscal quarter coming, my bonus isn't too far away, so I'm officially in Receiver shopping mode effective today.
With new models on the way I've seen some pretty good deals on receivers in my area.
One in particular I'm considering picking up is the Yamaha RX-V1300, my brother just bought it and it's something else.
I haven't kept up on my receivers lately so I'm looking for some recommendations from comparable receivers to the 1300 made by Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, or H/K to get me started.
I know that 1300 blows my old Marantz SR-580 and Yamaha RX-V795a away.
Price wise, I'm looking for anything in the $500-700 range. This unit is ONLY going to be used for HT and some DVD-A's for now, I have a dedicated stereo system in another room.
Thanks in advance...

woodman
03-17-2004, 05:09 PM
With the end of the first fiscal quarter coming, my bonus isn't too far away, so I'm officially in Receiver shopping mode effective today.
With new models on the way I've seen some pretty good deals on receivers in my area.
One in particular I'm considering picking up is the Yamaha RX-V1300, my brother just bought it and it's something else.
I haven't kept up on my receivers lately so I'm looking for some recommendations from comparable receivers to the 1300 made by Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, or H/K to get me started.
I know that 1300 blows my old Marantz SR-580 and Yamaha RX-V795a away.
Price wise, I'm looking for anything in the $500-700 range. This unit is ONLY going to be used for HT and some DVD-A's for now, I have a dedicated stereo system in another room.
Thanks in advance...

As I believe I already told you in another thread here at A-R, today I wouldn't consider for even a second buying any other receiver brand than Yamaha. They satnd head and shoulders ahead of the rest in every respect, not the least of which is reliability.

Having said that though, I'd urge you to get a 1400 rather than a 1300 (for nearly the same amount of money). Although I'm sure that you can find a spectacular deal on a 1300 today, the 1400 has so much going for it that the 1300 doesn't have it would be a shame in my book to miss out on these other "goodies" when you're ready to spend $700 on a receiver.

Hope this helps you