An interesting morning. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : An interesting morning.

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Yesterday morning I was leaving for work and as I walked out of my house I heard a woman yelling for help. I ran over to where the yelling was coming from but I couldn’t find anybody.

I yelled back to ask her where she was and she said that she was “around the corner”. Well…we live in a busy townhouse complex. And where I was standing is an intersection where three blocks of houses come together, there’s a path to a school yard, and lots of big snow banks. Way too many corners!

I could tell that she was an older woman by her voice. She just kept yelling, “Please help me. Somebody help me.”

After running around and not being able to find her, I called 911. Then another neighbour came out and said that he could hear her through the wall to his house, so we then knew that she was inside and we knew what house…but the front door was locked.

We knocked on the door and yelled to her but there was no longer any response. Needless to say, I was pretty scared for her. I had no idea if she had fallen, if she was ill, or if she had been robbed and/or attacked. But the house looked secure so we didn’t think that the latter was likely.

Three police cars showed up (all very young and handsome men, I might add). After making sure that there were no signs of danger, one of them discovered that the sliding patio doors were not locked and he was able to enter the house.

It turned out that the poor woman couldn’t walk. She had a chair lift to travel the stairs in the house and the lift got stuck midway. She was home alone and was trapped in the lift. So, she started yelling for help.

One of the cops was furious that she had been left alone. He said that she’s unable to walk or get around by herself and he wasn’t sure how she even got into the chair-lift in the first place.

While the police were helping her, her daughter came home to a driveway full of police cars! Her daughter lives with her and looked to be in her in late 60’s or early 70’s. So the poor woman stuck in the lift must have been extremely elderly (I didn’t actually see her). I assured the woman that her mother was fine but warned her that she might be facing some angry police men. I explained what had happened and then left the scene and went to work.

I’m glad that it all turned out well and that she wasn’t actually hurt. But what a strange experience.

audio amateur
04-01-2008, 06:10 AM
:)
My life has been pretty uneventful so far.. Not many things like these happening anyway. Thanks for sharing

kexodusc
04-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Wow...FA you live in some crazy neighbourhood...crackhead abusive fathers, neglectful senior daughters, and then you getting arrested for public drunkeness at concerts. You must be on a first name basis with those charming coppers.

Cool.

GMichael
04-01-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't know FA. Should I believe that this is not an April Fools day joke?:nono:

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2008, 06:58 AM
An April Fools day joke would have been to tell you that I had heard the most amazing set of Bose speakers and I have been convinced that Bose are the best speakers on the market.

Or that I have seen the light and will only be listening to Christian Rock and Gospel music from this point forward and, therefore, will be donating my entire music collection to charity so that I can start over with a more spiritual collection.

The truth is, I didn't realize the date until you just mentioned it.

GMichael
04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
An April Fools day joke would have been to tell you that I had heard the most amazing set of Bose speakers and I have been convinced that Bose are the best speakers on the market.

Or that I have seen the light and will only be listening to Christian Rock and Gospel music from this point forward and, therefore, will be donating my entire music collection to charity so that I can start over with a more spiritual collection.

The truth is, I didn't realize the date until you just mentioned it.

I believe you.:thumbsup:

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Would you have believed the Bose speaker thing? :biggrin5:

GMichael
04-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Would you have believed the Bose speaker thing? :biggrin5:

If you had them set up with your IPOD. Sure.:idea:

JSE
04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I've always wanted one of those chair lifts. You know, just to have. I'd customize it though and maybe sup' up the motor a bit. G could use one for his basement. It would help getting all the drunks out after parties.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I've always wanted one of those chair lifts. You know, just to have. I'd customize it though and maybe sup' up the motor a bit. G could use one for his basement. It would help getting all the drunks out after parties.

Meh, the drunks prefer climbing over each other to get out over an lift. That stumbling around and falling thing must be pretty stimulating:crazy:

JohnMichael
04-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope I leave this life not needing a mobility device or a diaper. If I lose my teeth well okay, I might be more popular.

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I hope I leave this life not needing a mobility device or a diaper. If I lose my teeth well okay, I might be more popular.

You crack me up, JM! :)

JSE
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM

That's why I love these forums. We can take any thread and run it right into the gutter. And, our moderator has no problem leading the way! :3: