I can scratch one more 'must see' from my list. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I can scratch one more 'must see' from my list.

Swish
03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
The National are coming to Messiah College, same place I saw Wilco the first time, and The Decemberists the only time. This one is on Saturday, May 3rd, and only $15 per ticket. I'm convinced the school makes nothing off of these shows and has them solely for the benefit of the students and the outsiders who are lucky enough to get tickets.

With Spoon coming up on April 10th, I'll have covered most of my favorites of the last decade, but I'll keep watching for The Shins too.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Does it bother you that you'll be the oldest person there? Hehehehe.

Swish
03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Does it bother you that you'll be the oldest person there? Hehehehe.

And that you have a lame sense of humor? :ciappa:

Swish - Resident Geezer

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2008, 05:30 AM
I have a lame sense of humour?

Well, I guess that's something else that we have in common then.

;)

Swish
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a lame sense of humour?

Well, I guess that's something else that we have in common then.

;)

I happen to be quite the funny person. Just ask me and I'll tell you.

Swish Baby

thereyet
04-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Touring this summer...REM, Modest Mouse an the Nationals. Probably old news here but am looking forward to it.

Also, the SF Music and Arts Festival in Golden Gate Park. Headlining on one day will be Radiohead with Wilco and many others.

This is going to be a rocken summer.

thereyet

Ex Lion Tamer
04-03-2008, 05:24 AM
The National are coming to Messiah College, same place I saw Wilco the first time, and The Decemberists the only time. This one is on Saturday, May 3rd, and only $15 per ticket. I'm convinced the school makes nothing off of these shows and has them solely for the benefit of the students and the outsiders who are lucky enough to get tickets.

With Spoon coming up on April 10th, I'll have covered most of my favorites of the last decade, but I'll keep watching for The Shins too.

Swish

Not quite "must see" but you might want to catch The Raveonettes, should they make an appearance around your part of the world. I saw them a couple of weeks ago and highly enjoyed their show. I mean come on, with hot Danish chicks on stage does the quality of music really matter?

Myself, I'm hoping to see at least a couple of theses scheduled for this summer...
Tapes 'n Tapes
The Constantines
The Raconteurs
British Sea Power
DCforC w/Rogue Wave
Rush
Charlie Haden
Joe Lovano
Leonard Cohen
Radiohead - Really the only one I'd classify as "must see"
The National

OK - just kidding about Rush.

ForeverAutumn
04-03-2008, 05:38 AM
OK - just kidding about Rush.

I'm glad you said that. I was having one of those WTF?! moments. :shocked: :yikes:

Ex Lion Tamer
04-03-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm glad you said that. I was having one of those WTF?! moments. :shocked: :yikes:

I have seen Rush though...twice. So I did my time.

bobsticks
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
I have been considering seeing Josh Ritter at the little dinner-and-a show place we talked about in another thread. I wasn't as knocked out by the last album as many 'round these parts but I feel that venue, the Music Mill, brings out the best in some folks. Might be worth it. Anyone seen JR?

Swish
04-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I have been considering seeing Josh Ritter at the little dinner-and-a show place we talked about in another thread. I wasn't as knocked out by the last album as many 'round these parts but I feel that venue, the Music Mill, brings out the best in some folks. Might be worth it. Anyone seen JR?

...THCOJR as you do. I liked it, but it wore thin fairly quickly. There are some outstanding tracks on it though (The Temptation of Adam...think that's the name 'o the track), and he'll likely play some stuff from his early records that should be right up your alley. Animal Years and Hello Starling are much better, in my opinion, and I think he'd be excellent in a live performance. GO DAMMIT!

Swish

ForeverAutumn
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Can I come? I missed him when he was here last month. I haven't heard the new one yet, but I've been playing Hello Starling almost daily since I picked it up about a month ago. And Animal Years is getting frequent spin time too.

I have seen Rush though...twice. So I did my time.

Well, you can't really call yourself a Canadian unless you've seen Rush and/or The Tragically Hip once. But that you've seen them twice surprises me.

Ex Lion Tamer
04-04-2008, 04:48 AM
. But that you've seen them twice surprises me.

HeHeHe, but the last time was some 30 years ago...maybe it works like a passport, to stay Canadian you have to see one or the other every 5 years...

Come to think of it I probably have a deportation notice in that pile of un-opened mail, what with not having ever seen The Hip.

Any countries out there willing to take a musical refugee?