Please Help Me Now!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Now!!!!!!!!!!!!

well yeah
03-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi,

I really need some amp help here please!!!!!!!

I have a pair of nice Linn Sara speakers which I'm using with my Linn Klout power amp, and they sound fantastic together (No struggle at all) And they make a very good combo with the Klout!!!!!!! I'm very surprised.

Soon I will be selling my Klout (for personal reasons), and for a while I will end up using my Roksan Kandy mk3 integrated amp on the Sara's. But I don't know if the Roksan is muscle enough for my Sara's.

What amp would you suggest for my Linn Sara's? And please be aware the sara's demand very good amps.

I'm a person that has a lot of passion for music and speakers, I listen to a lot of grunge rock and techno. So that is why I have the Linn Sara's, as they compliment my music taste very well.

Thanks ever so much

O'Shag
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Hiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

The Klout is a good amp. The Linn Klimax is an awesome amp. I thought seriously about buying the Linn Celtics at one point. First off, are the Saras active drive? Some Linn speakers, including the Celtics, are designed to run using external active crossovers to reach their performance potential. A great idea - yet again Linn is ahead of their time. But one that has not been universally adopted by the speaker market in general.

If the Sara's are active drive, then it would be advisable to adhere to the topology Linn recommend. I think the Linn amps have the ability to place the active cards in the amp itself, and maybe your Klout has some active cards included?

If none of the above applies, then what is your price range? I like techno too. I have the KEF Reference 109 - The Maidstone, and they bring down the house with techno. Its like being at the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0:

well yeah
03-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Hiya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

The Klout is a good amp. The Linn Klimax is an awesome amp. I thought seriously about buying the Linn Celtics at one point. First off, are the Saras active drive? Some Linn speakers, including the Celtics, are designed to run using external active crossovers to reach their performance potential. A great idea - yet again Linn is ahead of their time. But one that has not been universally adopted by the speaker market in general.

If the Sara's are active drive, then it would be advisable to adhere to the topology Linn recommend. I think the Linn amps have the ability to place the active cards in the amp itself, and maybe your Klout has some active cards included?

If none of the above applies, then what is your price range? I like techno too. I have the KEF Reference 109 - The Maidstone, and they bring down the house with techno. Its like being at the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0:

Hi,

My sara's are in passive mode and I am happy with them that way. But they can be turned active. Any way I love the sara's sound with rock and techno, with techno they give you that night club feel. To be honest I don't know what budget I want, I just want a good amp that makes a good team with my sara's.