Stereo Cd Player Am & Fm Radio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Cd Player Am & Fm Radio

Howling Wolf
03-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I would like to know who make the best Stereo CD Player with AM FM Radio? I am looking for the MAKE and MODEL that I can hook up my Outside FM Antenna to it with my Co WAX Cable.

If you can help me on this I would be very grateful for all your help.

My wife enjoys listening to her CD's and I love listening to my Radio. :5: :16:

SlumpBuster
03-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Here ya go: http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/home_entertainment/music_systems/wave/wrcd/index.jsp

Rack out with your cack out!

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 03:46 AM
I realize that BOSE it the top of the line but I was hoping that SONY , SAMSUNG , TOSHIBA , CC RADIO or some of the others would have a CD RADIO PLAYER that I could hook MY OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA RADIO up to. There must be one that I can hook it up too.

I know RCA is a piece of JUNK they will not even answer my E-MAILS After 30 year of working I receive a RCA STEREO the CD went bad and I took it to a RCA DEALER and he told me that the CD PLAYER went bad and he could not order one so I got on their WEB SITE and E-MAILED there TECH. DEPT. and other deportments and they will not even answer my e-mail. Tells me one thing THEY DO NOT CARE just make them and sell them that is there MOTTO SCREW the PUBLIC.

So if you know of a brand of STEREO that I can hook up my FM ANTENNA too please help me out here.

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Hey Howling Wolf, great moniker. You a blues fan?

Anyway, I don't think your on the right forum. This forum is for real stereo and AV systems. Those all in one deals DO NOT give you quality sound.

If I was you I would seriously consider going with separate receiver, speakers and sources (Ie; CD/DVD player). This we can help you with.

Cheers,

LDB

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Hey Howling Wolf, great moniker. You a blues fan?

Anyway, I don't think your on the right forum. This forum is for real stereo and AV systems. Those all in one deals DO NOT give you quality sound.

If I was you I would seriously consider going with separate receiver, speakers and sources (Ie; CD/DVD player). This we can help you with.

Cheers,

LDB

Are you telling me that I cannot get what I am looking for?

I really want a CD Player with a AM & FM Radio system that I can use my OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA .

I know you can hook me up with that system ? I just brought a NEW DVD and HD TV ( SAMSUNG )

HELP ME OUT HERE :12: :23: :14:

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Are you telling me that I cannot get what I am looking for?

I really want a CD Player with a AM & FM Radio system that I can use my OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA .

I know you can hook me up with that system ? I just brought a NEW DVD and HD TV ( SAMSUNG )

HELP ME OUT HERE :12: :23: :14:

Not saying that at all. Just most people here wouldn't use a system like what you want so, they probably don't have any experience with a all-in-one and can't help you out.

Why do you not want to go with a separates system? Space limitations?

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Not saying that at all. Just most people here wouldn't use a system like what you want so, they probably don't have any experience with a all-in-one and can't help you out.

Why do you not want to go with a separates system? Space limitations?

If I was to go with a separate system what ALL would I NEED to have a CD PLAYER and a AM & FM RADIO that I could hook up to my OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA ? My wife love her CD's and I love my RADIO. :23: :23: :23: :23:

Ajani
03-30-2008, 06:54 AM
What's your budget?

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 06:55 AM
If I was to go with a separate system what ALL would I NEED to have a CD PLAYER and a AM & FM RADIO that I could hook up to my OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA ? My wife love her CD's and I love my RADIO. :23: :23: :23: :23:

I'm sure your DVD player also plays CDs no? All you would need is a stereo receiver and a couple of speakers. Of course if you wanted surround sound, you would need a AV receiver and 5 speakers and a sub woofer.

What is your budget? What kind of music would be played on this and how loud do you want it to go?

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 06:58 AM
And caution, this hobby can get addictive and expensive. LOL

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm sure your DVD player also plays CDs no? All you would need is a stereo receiver and a couple of speakers. Of course if you wanted surround sound, you would need a AV receiver and 5 speakers and a sub woofer.

What is your budget? What kind of music would be played on this and how loud do you want it to go?

I have never tried playing the CD's on my DVD player I have a SAMSUNG DVD & VCR PLAYER.

How about the speakers that came with my RCA STEREO SYSTEM CD PLAYER took a cheap 2 months after I got it. I do want my RADIO AM & FM OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA.

What does a good STEREO RECEIVER cost? By the way what brand is a very good STEREO RECEIVER?

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 07:12 AM
I have never tried playing the CD's on my DVD player I have a SAMSUNG DVD & VCR PLAYER.

How about the speakers that came with my RCA STEREO SYSTEM CD PLAYER took a cheap 2 months after I got it. I do want my RADIO AM & FM OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA.

What does a good STEREO RECEIVER cost? By the way what brand is a very good STEREO RECEIVER?

Do you have model numbers for the RCA and Samsung? Did those speakers sound good to you B4 it "took a cheap"? You could spend anywhere from $200 to $200,000 (or more) on a system, depending on your budget and requirements.

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 07:29 AM
Do you have model numbers for the RCA and Samsung? Did those speakers sound good to you B4 it "took a cheap"? You could spend anywhere from $200 to $200,000 (or more) on a system, depending on your budget and requirements.

SAMSUNG DVD / VCR Model DVD-V9700

RCA SPEAKERS Model No. RS2657

She wants to play more than one ( 1 ) CD at a time more like 5

Like I said who makes the BEST STEREO RECEIVER?

Will the RECEIVER have a RADIO on it or do I need to buy a radio?

Ajani
03-30-2008, 07:40 AM
SAMSUNG DVD / VCR Model DVD-V9700

RCA SPEAKERS Model No. RS2657

She wants to play more than one ( 1 ) CD at a time more like 5

You need to tell us how much you want to spend or we can't make any recomendations

Like I said who makes the BEST STEREO RECEIVER?

That's like asking "who makes the best car?".... everybody has their own favourite brand...

Will the RECEIVER have a RADIO on it or do I need to buy a radio?

All Receivers have (tuners) radios.....

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 07:58 AM
You need to tell us how much you want to spend or we can't make any recomendations

I will go as high as $600.00 and the low end of $450.00

That's like asking "who makes the best car?".... everybody has their own favourite brand...

All Receivers have (tuners) radios.....

Can I hook up my OUTSIDE FM ANTENNA COWAX CABLE to it?

Thank-You for letting me know about playing CD's on my DVD player.

My next question is there one that you can put in 5 CD's so you do not have to run after it all the time?

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Just checked, that Samsung will play CDs also, so you don't need a CD player.

Looked up your speakers...they came with a all-in one system...were you happy with the sound???? Or did you want to upgrade those as well?? Like Ajani said, we need a budget figure to work with.
Cheers,

LDB

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Reread you posts, if your wife wants to load more than one CD then the DVD/VCR won't do it, you will need a changer. Were you looking at something like your RCA system??? If so, go to WallFart or any big box store and buy the one that sounds best to you and has the features that you want/need.

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Just checked, that Samsung will play CDs also, so you don't need a CD player.

Looked up your speakers...they came with a all-in one system...were you happy with the sound???? Or did you want to upgrade those as well?? Like Ajani said, we need a budget figure to work with.
Cheers,

LDB

Yes I was happy with the Speakers , my next question is if I was to add or upgrade one step at a time what would be my best all around sound ? Remember that I would up grade ONE STEP AT A TIME. Yes you are going to ask me what I would be willing to spend on SPEAKERS

SlumpBuster
03-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Never mind.

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Well you have the speakers for now but don't have the receiver so I would start with that. Check out anything that Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Sony etc in your price range. Did you want surround sound now or in the future or is this just a stereo rig?

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Reread you posts, if your wife wants to load more than one CD then the DVD/VCR won't do it, you will need a changer. Were you looking at something like your RCA system??? If so, go to WallFart or any big box store and buy the one that sounds best to you and has the features that you want/need.

The way I understand you there is nothing on the market that will hold more that ONE CD at a time, am I right?

The only way you will get something that will hold more than ONE CD at a time is through the SYSTEM like the RCA or SONY STEREO SYSTEM right?

I have had it with these SYSTEMS they only last so long and you turn around and have to go out and buy another one.

If I could only get a SYSTEM that is the BEST for what I want to spend and ADD onto it as TIME lets you than that is the best way to go and kiss these RCA or SONY STEREO SYSTEM GOOD-BY.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Where do you go, You left me HANGING in the AIR

Luvin Da Blues
03-30-2008, 08:51 AM
What I'm saying is that you will need a CD changer if you want to load more than one CD. Your Samsung can only load one CD at a time. There used to be lots in the market, not sure whats available out there anymore.

Howling Wolf, we really need a budget if you want us to tell you specific brands and model #s.

Ajani
03-30-2008, 09:40 AM
I will go as high as $600.00 and the low end of $450.00

Given that buget, I'd suggest getting a 5 disc CD changer from either Marantz, Sony or Yamaha and combining with a matching stereo receiver from the same brand...

You can always upgrade the speakers later....

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Given that buget, I'd suggest getting a 5 disc CD changer from either Marantz, Sony or Yamaha and combining with a matching stereo receiver from the same brand...

Is this a very Good PRICE RANGE on RECEIVERS or am I in the LOW END of RECEIVERS? I would like to be in the Upper of the Middle Range of RECEIVERS? I know I do not need to be in the TOP RANGE of RECEIVERS unless they have something that the HIGH END of the MIDDLE Range of RECEIVERS don't have.

Let me know on this?

The price range that I gave you was for the receiver. I hope that you understand what I just said?

Ajani
03-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Is this a very Good PRICE RANGE on RECEIVERS or am I in the LOW END of RECEIVERS? I would like to be in the Upper of the Middle Range of RECEIVERS? I know I do not need to be in the TOP RANGE of RECEIVERS unless they have something that the HIGH END of the MIDDLE Range of RECEIVERS don't have.

Let me know on this?

The price range that I gave you was for the receiver. I hope that you understand what I just said?

IMHO, The main difference when you go up the line with Receivers is more features and modest power increases (not better sound).. So it just depends on what features you want....

So Marantz, Yamaha, Denon or even Sony should be good choices in your price range... But the best suggestion I can make is that you go down to a Stereo/Home Theatre store and audition some gear....

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 10:08 AM

Looking at the 3 Brands what one would be your first chose? Than your second chose?

Thats on the Receiver and the 5 Disc CD Changer? Which one has the less amount of trouble?

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 10:15 AM
IMHO, The main difference when you go up the line with Receivers is more features and modest power increases (not better sound).. So it just depends on what features you want....

So Marantz, Yamaha, Denon or even Sony should be good choices in your price range... But the best suggestion I can make is that you go down to a Stereo/Home Theatre store and audition some gear....

You and the other person are turely helping me in the right direction for someone that does not know anything about the systems.

You can guild me in which system that would be best for us. Looking at our age could tell you allot and better guild us to one that we would enjoy for a lifetime.

We are at 60 years old.

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 11:48 AM
IS it " TURE THAT YAMAHA IS THE LEADER OR NUMNER ONE IN STEREO RECEIVERS " ?

markw
03-30-2008, 02:22 PM
IS it " TURE THAT YAMAHA IS THE LEADER OR NUMNER ONE IN STEREO RECEIVERS " ?There is no single "leader", or "number one". There are many other very, very good brands besides what the big box stores sell and a lot depends on personal preference. There are some excellent ones you've probably never heard of.

If you want my favorite for a mid-priced stereo unit, I'd say go for NAD or Outlaw Audio but I'd easily settle for a Marantz or Rotel as well, not to mention Onkyo. There are probably others but it would all boil down to what's available for what price.

Accessories4less has a refurbished Marantz 5 disc CD changer that can't be beat for the price. I've had one for over two years now.

If you want some real advise, give a price range unless. of course, you're just trolling and don't really care.

P.S. Drop the caps. It makes you appear illiterate.

SlumpBuster
03-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Okay, here are some specifics in your price range:

Buy one of these:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/YEC/Stereo_Receivers/Main/RX497main.gif

Here is the link:http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4058999

Buy one of these:

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Images/YEC/Separate_Components/Main/CDC-697_Main.jpg

Again, here is the link:http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4140997

Finally, buy two of these:

http://www.polkaudio.com/images/home/medium/cherry/monitor40.jpg

Again, here is the link: http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4039151

SlumpBuster
03-30-2008, 02:29 PM
If you want some real advise, give a price range.

His price range is only $400 to $600, not really NAD or Outlaw territory.

Also, Howling Wolf, if you keep your stereo in a cabinet with a back and glass doors (i.e. sealed away from dust and prying fingers), then almost any separate component gear will last decades.

P.S. - While it is pure speculation on my part, it would not surprise me if Yammie was the global leader for receiver units sold. Probably constantly changing places with Sony.

Howling Wolf
03-30-2008, 02:29 PM
There is no single "leader", or "number one". There are many other very, very good brands besides what the big box stores sell and a lot depends on personal preference. There are some excellent ones you've probably never heard of.

If you want my favorite for a mid-priced stereo unit, I'd say go for NAD or Outlaw Audio but I'd easily settle for a Marantz or Rotel as well, not to mention Onkyo. There are probably others but it would all boil down to what's availavble for what price.

If you want some real advise, give a price range. Accessories4less has a refurbished Marantz 5 disc CD changer that can't be beat for the price. I've had one for over two years now.

I did above but I will be happy to gave it again: $250.00 to $600.00.

This may help you It will be used for Radio and Music CD's I will only up to 4 speakers on it.

pixelthis
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Let me know on this?

GO to Walmart or target, they have a wide variety of shelf units from a 100 bucks to 300 bucks.
Most have changers, pick out the one you like in your price range that has the features you like.
Just remember that electronics under 500$ these days are considered desposable,
its just not economic to repair such a cheap item so they put their effort into
making the price as low as possible, but they should last for several years.
You will get better sound from your DVD player hooked up to a receiver but it is probably more trouble to you than its worth.
And these shelf units have a plug (called aux) that you can plug your dvd player into, it will sound better through it.
But stay away from BOSE, they are NOT top of the line, just top of the price range,
and not worth the price they charge:1:

markw
03-31-2008, 03:49 AM
I did above but I will be happy to gave it again: $250.00 to $600.00.

This may help you It will be used for Radio and Music CD's I will only up to 4 speakers on it.I'd suggest a visit to http://www.accessories4less.com to see what they have to offer for CD changers and stereo receivers. I'm not overly impressesd with their speaker offerings

Stereo units are harder to find than HT receivers so your choices are limited. Sherwood makes a servicable stereo unit (4105?) that is available for $100 or so and Best Buy offers an "Insignia" brand for about the same. After that they seem to make a big jump all the way up to several hundred dollars and the names mentioned here will do well.

IMNSHO, you could do a lot worse than that 5 disc Marantz CD changer that A4L offers and a receiver from them as well, perhaps that $250 Marantz stereo unit. That comes to about $350. The rest could be used for a pair of fairly decent speakers or four quite mediocore ones.

As for which speakers, these depend mostly on your preferences and there's a plethora out there but since you want to run four simultaneously, make sure they are all eight ohms. Not all speakers are. If you like the sound of the RCA speakers, the price is right, and they are eight ohms, go for them.

Howling Wolf
03-31-2008, 01:39 PM
If you was to go out in buy a NEW RECEIVER which one would you buy?

Luvin Da Blues
03-31-2008, 02:01 PM
If you was to go out in buy a NEW RECEIVER which one would you buy?

The black one. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

markw
03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
If you was to go out in buy a NEW RECEIVER which one would you buy?Given what you have set for price limits, If you can't make out my recommendations by now, I guess my communication skills are lacking and I apologize for that.

Since most good brands mentioned here are very competitive in price and performance, it would most likely boil down to which one has the features I need and the price.

But, over the past few years I've been instrurmental in the purchase of said $100 Sherwood for three non-audiophile friends who simply wanted good sound at a reasonable price and they are all very happy with them. And, my ears don't bleed when we 're over there listening to music.

bobsticks
03-31-2008, 06:32 PM
I second Slumpbuster's suggestion...strong performance-to-price ratio. Component-wise I don't think this system can be beat. Possibly the speakers could be improved but that would necessitate going used and under the circumstance the juice may not be worth the squeeze.

bobsticks
03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
GO to Walmart or target, they have a wide variety ...

Why would you choose to emphasize/scream "GO"? Such syntactical decisions must lead to bizarre inflection in the real world.

It ain't easy bein' you, is it Pix? :1: