PM's from Spammers????? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PM's from Spammers?????

thekid
03-29-2008, 02:20 AM
In the last couple of weeks I have got a couple of suspicious looking PM's from members who are always newbie's with 0 posts who always leave another e-mail address to respond to rather than just reply to the PM. I don't want to seem unfriendly but the one I got yesterday has such bad/fractured English I can't believe it is legitmate. Anyone else getting these??

JohnMichael
03-29-2008, 03:08 AM
In the last couple of weeks I have got a couple of suspicious looking PM's from members who are always newbie's with 0 posts who always leave another e-mail address to respond to rather than just reply to the PM. I don't want to seem unfriendly but the one I got yesterday has such bad/fractured English I can't believe it is legitmate. Anyone else getting these??

Please forward them to me or give me their user names and I ban them. There is a thread in the beginning of General Audio where I mention this problem and ask anyone who receives them to send them my way and I will send them away.

atomicAdam
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
JohnMichael are you still getting a lot of these -

I can see about getting some time w/ the engineer to help curb this problem.

Thanks
-adam

JohnMichael
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
JohnMichael are you still getting a lot of these -

I can see about getting some time w/ the engineer to help curb this problem.

Thanks
-adam

Adam I have been watching new members and if the first they do is PM members I have been banning them for a while, so not much reported.

Blogs are full of spam but I am unable or unaware of how to delete spam posts in blogs. We also get spam in classifieds which I can take care of that problem. We also have new members including spam links in their signatures. They respond ot a post in an odd way and their link is shown such as Free TV

Spam, spam, spam does not have much spam in it.

bobsticks
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
It wasn't an invitation.

JohnMichael
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
It wasn't an invitation.

At least it was not private.