cleaning lcd screens [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cleaning lcd screens

juggalojeff
03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
i recently purchased a product for cleaning my lcd screen. when talking to the phillips rep, they said not to spray stuff right onto screen but the product says to. phillips recommended a 3m brand but i cant find one so i bought the monster product and it came with a microfiber towel and alcohol and amonia free spray.i'm still afraid to use it but the towel that came with tv is too small and starting to get dirty.is there any amount of time to wait while tv is off for cool down?any chance of doing harm to plastic screen?
was 20 bucks a rip?
also im still curios about moving my bose 201's to the surround rear position of the system,please read "powering 2 cv cls-15's with sony reciever"for any info
thx much!

O'Shag
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Alternative to spending too much money for a screen cleaner; Mixture of Distilled water and small amount of isopropyl alcohol. Don't soak the cloth, just damp. Then wipe off with clean dry cloth. You don't need microfibre. An older/ used pure cotton t-shirt that is clean (laundered) will suffice. Its criminal to charge $20 for a screen cleaner, this way you can save your money and do as good a job, or better.

pixelthis
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Alternative to spending too much money for a screen cleaner; Mixture of Distilled water and small amount of isopropyl alcohol. Don't soak the cloth, just damp. Then wipe off with clean dry cloth. You don't need microfibre. An older/ used pure cotton t-shirt that is clean (laundered) will suffice. Its criminal to charge $20 for a screen cleaner, this way you can save your money and do as good a job, or better.

amen, and not only that but if they say don't spray and you do it could void any warrenty you have.
Congrats, you got run over by a "white van":1: