Bose alternative [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bose alternative

This Guy
03-05-2004, 06:08 PM
These will probably sound much nicer than the bose cubes due to it's two way design. I never heard these speakers, but as normal 2.5" speakers like in the bose cubes only go from about 250 to 15 khz, these go lower and higher with about the same footprint. You actually get specs with these speakers too. I know some of you wanted to get an HT for really cheap, I'd say try these out, plus they're a **** load cheaper.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-665&dotd=030504

-Joey

spacedeckman
03-05-2004, 08:48 PM
that is real and sounds good. About $500/pr US. Won't be cheaper than Bose, but much, much better.

Look, what's that thing...oh, don't be alarmed, that's just a real 1" soft dome TWEETER, it just looks different from your 2" "Twiddler", well it works different too, ma'am. You see, it actually spreads sound out into the room fairly even like, without all the twisting you gotta do with them Bose's.

markw
03-06-2004, 04:18 AM
Gee, I sure miss those Realistic Minimus 7's. Perfect for these situations. Glad I still have a few laying around.

F1
03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
These will probably sound much nicer than the bose cubes due to it's two way design. I never heard these speakers, but as normal 2.5" speakers like in the bose cubes only go from about 250 to 15 khz, these go lower and higher with about the same footprint. You actually get specs with these speakers too. I know some of you wanted to get an HT for really cheap, I'd say try these out, plus they're a **** load cheaper.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-665&dotd=030504

-Joey

Ya probably.... but if one reads the product description carefully, it says *Frequency response: 100-18,000 Hz * without mentioning +/- dB. This may read -15dB; same thing with Bose then, but off course it's much cheaper. One can't beat the rule of physics. To get a decent freq cutout for satellite (say 60-70Hz), a minimum of 5-1/4" midrange is required.