Help! Th50pz77u [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Th50pz77u

scottdg
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
I have had this set for a few weeks and everything has been great. I came home from work today and I am assuming that my some was playing with the remote and changed some settings. The problem now id that when viewing in FULL aspect mode the picture is stretching off the screen. The network logo in the bottom right corner is cut in half. It looks as it would if I was viewing standard def TV in JUST. I am not very experienced with HDTVs so all I did was try and restore the defaults after going to every menu option and trying to fix it. I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Scott

pixelthis
03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I have had this set for a few weeks and everything has been great. I came home from work today and I am assuming that my some was playing with the remote and changed some settings. The problem now id that when viewing in FULL aspect mode the picture is stretching off the screen. The network logo in the bottom right corner is cut in half. It looks as it would if I was viewing standard def TV in JUST. I am not very experienced with HDTVs so all I did was try and restore the defaults after going to every menu option and trying to fix it. I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Scott

Some sets have a "zoom" mode that works independently from the aspect ratio.
Your set is "zoomed" in, to unzoom it look for the zoom control.
If yopu cant find it unplug your set for awhile, then plug it back in.
And reading the instructions wouldn't hurt:1:

scottdg
03-25-2008, 05:06 AM
The zoom option only works when you are using the ZOOM aspect ratio. I am trying to view in FULL. Nevertheless I did try playing around with the zoom option in ZOOM to see if that would somehow affect the other modes and it did not. I really tried everything I could think of.

pixelthis
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
The zoom option only works when you are using the ZOOM aspect ratio. I am trying to view in FULL. Nevertheless I did try playing around with the zoom option in ZOOM to see if that would somehow affect the other modes and it did not. I really tried everything I could think of.

Including unplugging it and starting over?
I have a "zoom" aspect choice also, but I also have a 2x button, increases the pic 2x,
when a pic is letterboxed on all four sides it helps it fill the screen.
You dont have one of those?:1:

Duds
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah but your LCD sucks, so who cares

Including unplugging it and starting over?
I have a "zoom" aspect choice also, but I also have a 2x button, increases the pic 2x,
when a pic is letterboxed on all four sides it helps it fill the screen.
You dont have one of those?:1:

pixelthis
03-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah but your LCD sucks, so who cares

For that matter who cares about YOUR opinion?:1:

Duds
03-31-2008, 06:11 AM
I hope no one cares about my opinion, your LCD still sucks though

For that matter who cares about YOUR opinion?:1:

pixelthis
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope no one cares about my opinion, your LCD still sucks though

AND NO ONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION.
Because its just your "opinion"
Your crap tv, stereo, etc, all of IT sucks pretty hard also.
How can I say that without ever seeing it?
The same way YOU can, ace:1:

Duds
04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Your LCD sucks

AND NO ONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINION.
Because its just your "opinion"
Your crap tv, stereo, etc, all of IT sucks pretty hard also.
How can I say that without ever seeing it?
The same way YOU can, ace:1:

f0rge
04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
ok back on topic.

i'm guessing you're using a cable/sat box. is the zoom set on that? i know on scientific atlanta boxes the "#" key changes the aspect ratio, from normal to stretch to zoom1, zoom2 and back to normal.

is it just for television? or every source?