Dave G still around? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dave G still around?

Finch Platte
03-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Haven't seen him post anything in here for a coon's age. I thought of him yesterday when I picked up this Steve Walsh disc for a quarter. :arf:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg800/g883/g88320k0x9d.jpg

Shadowman rockets off with a bracing blast of speed metal riffs and pounding double bass drums. To that sonic assault Walsh marries a heavy dose of prog theatrics and socially conscious lyrics. It's a weird hybrid of big, slick '80s album rock, '70s arena pomp, modern metal, and '90s D.I.Y., all tied together with washes of art rock synths. It's not just heavy, it's bludgeoning, letting up only on the brooding acoustic "Pages of Old" and elegiac closer "The River." AllMusic

Swish
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Haven't seen him post anything in here for a coon's age. I thought of him yesterday when I picked up this Steve Walsh disc for a quarter. :arf:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg800/g883/g88320k0x9d.jpg

AllMusic

...just like all the others.

Swish

Finch Platte
03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
...just like all the others.

Swish

You sure it wasn't the Fleetwood Crack post? :sosp:

fp

3-LockBox
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I see Gave G around Progressive Ears every now and then. I think he's too busy playing Guitar Hero to post any more.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Swish
03-25-2008, 02:38 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I see Gave G around Progressive Ears every now and then. I think he's too busy playing Guitar Hero to post any more.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I actually tried playing that stupid thing but it goes against the grain since you don't play the frets the way you would on a regular guitar. Drove me crazy. Well, I already was crazy, but it was quite frustrating.

Swish - Crazy old codger