What can you tell me about Sieges Even? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about Sieges Even?

Mr Peabody
03-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Here's a chance to bash my musical taste, or lack there of, again. I picked up the album Paramount by Sieges Even. First listen, I like it. They are supposed to be Prog but I'd say barely, at least on this album. The one thing that you will notice right off are the vocals, they have harmonizing background vocals which brought to my mind Styx, and sometimes Yes. Also a bit Yes was the song structure, a bit jerky like the 90215 days. The rythym section is good, and the back bone but the songs are melodic, almost Pop. This is not a heavy album. This is my first taste of the group. From the lyrics on a couple songs I was wondering if they weren't a "Christian Rock" band. Nothing wrong with a positive message. So that's what I know, how about you?

3-LockBox
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">There was a thread about this over on Progressive Ears...from what I gathered, they are proggish in the vein of early Rush, and they do have christian leanings, though not on their earlier stuff.

Funny, I just today got their The Art of Navigating by Stars (or something like that) and I have yet to listen to it. I hear its good, but I'll find out tonight.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>