Western DVDs for $5. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Western DVDs for $5.

Smokey
03-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Just came back from Walmart and saw few western titles in the Bin for $5. These western DVDs are new 2006/07 edition as cover picture is different from previous DVD releases. All movies are in widescreen format.

Alamo: John Wayne
Hang’em High: Eastwood
Fist Full of Dollar: Eastwwod
Dances with Wolves: Costner
Good Bad and Ugly: Eastwood
For Few Dollar More: Eastwood

Mr Peabody
03-15-2008, 10:07 PM
I was at Wal-Mart today as well. They had a 2 for $15.00 rack, I was really surprised at the big name titles in there, the first Spiderman, a few of the Saw series. I picked up Big Jake off that rack. It was widescreen, I was pleasantly surprised. The box also said 5.1 but I was very skeptical that would ever happen. There were no rear effects and the sound from the front was below average, they should have left it whatever it's original format was. Great movie though. I did see a $5 rack but it looked to be picked over. I pulled out of there an impulse purchase, a 3 disc set of Cisco Kid. I remember that show being shown on a local station as a kid, for $5, what the heck. Let me say while watching they were re-runs, since the shows in the 3 disc set were from 1954 to 56 it was a bit before my time.

Smokey
03-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks Mr P. Good catch on John Wayne DVD.

I know what you saying about Bin being picked, especially on weekend. My only complain is that I wishes Walmart reduce their full screen DVD inventory in the bin. I don’t think anybody that care about quality of movie would purchase full screen DVDs.

By the way, last night fired up the Fistful of Dollars DVD bought from the bin, and this must the first time seen that movie in its correct widscreen ratio of 2.35:1 and this thing is ultra wide. The sharpens is good, but the colors are slightly muted.