Microsoft Says No Blu-ray for Xbox 360 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Says No Blu-ray for Xbox 360

Woochifer
03-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, the rumors were flying fast for a while, but MS threw the hammer down on that. Maybe those technical issues that Terrence mentioned might take a while longer to resolve.

The comments by Aaron Greenberg, group product manager for Xbox 360, poured cold water on recent speculation that Microsoft could support Blu-ray after Toshiba Corp (6502.T: Quote, Profile, Research), backer of the rival HD DVD format, gave up when key movie studios and retailers abandoned the technology.

"Xbox is not currently in talks with Sony or the Blu-ray Association to integrate Blu-ray into the Xbox experience," Greenberg told Reuters in an interview.

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSN1224707720080313

pixelthis
03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
and I have some land in florida I'd like to sell ya:ihih:

Groundbeef
03-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Wooch, I think you got caught up in the lawyer speak. Read it again. MS is shooting down the possibility of an "INTEGRATED" BR player. They have NOT shot down the possiblity of an add-on.

Woochifer
03-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Wooch, I think you got caught up in the lawyer speak. Read it again. MS is shooting down the possibility of an "INTEGRATED" BR player. They have NOT shot down the possiblity of an add-on.

Ah! Them sneaky bastards! :ihih:

pixelthis
03-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Ah! Them sneaky bastards! :ihih:

How do you think they came to rule the world?

THERE in (or was) a tribe in Africa that said they "came in peace" even while they would be burning down your village.
EVERY major institution today acts the same way.
In other words a Blu player for XCRAP by Christmas, maybe summer:1: